Liked: 0

Default 2004 Pro Mazda spares with or without

Wife says we need the house more than the car.... I'm having trouble with this .....

I bought a 2004 pro car from Tomlin motorsports almost a year ago and have done two test days. When I bout the car the new engine had 3 events as did the taylor trans. Worldspeed installed a new fuel cell a few months ago and a general going over the car which included new front susp pins, silicon water hoses fresh Motec download and wireing check. The car had no expense spared from Tomlin including full Motec with shock sensors,brake sensors etc.I am over my head in this car and kidding myself including my capabilities. I have taken the car out twice to Thunderhill and there are no issues with the car.The spares I have include a spare used engine with dyno sheet of more than acceptable HP.2 extra sets of wheels, spare painted nose with wings in perfect condition, Extra front & rear wings complete. Used serviceable steering rack, side pods.new painted engine cover, spare used rotors, suspension wishbones, short and long pushrods, filters, injectors,shock cover, new never used race optics 1080P hd system, front & rear jacks, Toe bars and a bunch of other stuff...Log book and homoligation papers included
    The car is for sale for $47K with one set of spare wheels and jacks.
    Remaining spares are negotiable as is 2005 20ft Interstate trailer with new tires.
    For Pics or further info.

e/m: mike@capps.com
    Last edited by Hohndo; 12.03.12 at 9:37 AM. Reason: SOLD

Default Price change! $42K!!!

$42K for car, spare set wheels, Jacks, Engine with dyno sheet.

Liked: 24

Post some pictures

photos posted.

Mike is that a 13b in it?

PFM runs the Renisis motor. 1.3ltr I believe it is still a 13B model. I alco believe they are 220 to 240HP

Kind Rgds

Thanks was not sure if you had kept the sealed motor or not.

Default 2004 Pro Mazda spares with or without

Bump. Interesting trades considered.

Default price reduction

$40K for car, spare set wheels, Jacks, Engine with dyno sheet.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Gents, this is a smoking good deal for this car! Very little $ to update it to the 2012 specification if a person was so inclined. And if not a heck of a good club car for sure. Hope you sell it soon Hohndo

Liked: 10

Default Difference

What is the difference between this car
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48297
    and your car for the extra 10K?

Jimmy
    Jimmy Hanrahan
    jimh3063@yahoo.com

Contributing Member

This is not my car and I have no financial interest or otherwise in this car but I do own one and these are some of the differences I have noticed;

spare painted nose with wings in perfect condition (about $6500 to replace assembly, nose is carbon) extra front & rear wings complete (about $1500 for a used old style front assembly and about $2200 for the rear assembly),new painted engine cover (this car came from a pro team so that cover is most likely the newer light weight cover (about $850),new never used race optics 1080P hd (this is about $1500 anyway and they work great, the mount assemblies are about $200 a piece), new engine had 3 events (thats about 750 to 900 miles,3 - 4 hours, anywhere from $7500 to $15,000 depending on what was all new on the motor) as did the taylor trans (I had my gearbox gone through by Taylor and it didn't need much, it cost around 6K to do the work). Worldspeed installed a new fuel cell (about $1500 for the cell and I expect about $300 to to put it in) a few months ago and a general going over the car which included new front susp pins, silicon water hoses fresh Motec download (has the new fuel map in it about $150) and wireing check. The difference in asking price is / was only 6K, this is a well priced car for sure. If you are interested you should call Worldspeed and ask about it. They will tell you about the car, the straight goods. They run a ton of these cars out of their racing enterprise and have a great deal of knowledge about them.

Liked: 10

Default 2012 spec

What does it take to get this car current.
    Jimmy Hanrahan
    jimh3063@yahoo.com

Contributing Member

As of last weeks Star Mazda specifications; Carbon front wing, carbon rear wings, about 6 - 8K, new rockers and push rods for the 2012 season $800 -1000 depends if new bearings are needed (the new rockers give the car a bigger window for set up), 11 position fuel trim switch, $200, auto fan update, with ECU flash about $700 (auto fan is a great add on). If the car no longer has Star seals on the dampers that will cost about $75 each damper (not needed if not in the Star series). I would guess between 10 and 12K and this car is current. One thing to check is to see if it has ever had an "off" that could have resulted in a crack in the tub right behind the front splitter and the bottom of the front of the tub. I don't think this car has the S bend tub upgrade and if it hasn't had a big off and there is no crack you would be fine.

Contributing Member

This car does not have the S bend tub upgrade. If you look at picture 1, below the right front lower A arm aft body clevis, where the front of the tub (where your legs would be when sitting in car) turns downward and then goes back (the bottom of the car), that corner is the the area that I reference. A "tap" test would reveal an audible difference if there was an existing crack. And they can be repaired if done by a qualified carbon tradesperson but it is a very important thing to check!

Thanks Blair. I don't know Blair but certainly appreciate his expertice as he certainly knows more about these cars than I do.

l ran the standard car for a few years and am one of those persons that is never satisfied with speed so I chased the dream for a pro car.

The fact is the car is in very good condition. I have only tracked the car 4 times . Three 20 miniute sessions each time since I have owned the car. No accidents. I will make someone a good deal with or without the spares. Rgds

OK, time for this to move along. It is time to move this old mans toy along... Offers considered and possibly accepted for complete package including trailer and color matching Yamaha Zuma (1600 miles, factory colors)

May consider interesting trades. Details are provided.

Bump, got to go....

SOLD. Thanks

Thread Information