Liked: 3

Default SR brake pad compounds - what are you using?

Hi, all-

Car is a 2000 Radical Clubsport w/ a stock Hayabusa engine running regional SCCA events.

I recently installed new Wilwood forged Dynalite 4 piston calipers on all 4 corners - 1.75"F - 1.375"R. Both master cylinders are .75" though I may switch back to a .70"F.

At present I have Performance Friction 01 compound pads in all 4 and am about ready for pads. I could stand a bit more front bias.

From paddock talk w/ friends I hear good things about Carbotech - and in the past in my BMW TT/instructing car I've had good experiences with Hawk.

What I'm considering specifically would be running either:

1. Hawk DTC-70 F - DTC-60 R
    2. Carbotech XP16 F - XP12 R

Does anyone have experience with these combinations or suggestions for an alternate?

Liked: 530

I ran Carbotech in my C6 Z06 with DBA rotors and Castrol SRF and they were great performers! every corner, every lap, very consistent and no fade. Even in the FL heat at Sebring and PBIR!

With the number of compounds they offer, I'm sure you can find a combo that creates the balance you're looking for. Ask for Adam at CTbrakes and he'll help you out.

Liked: 610

Default SR brake

I have a number of D/SR around here, most who run at Waterford Hills, that run one of our KFP Magnum brake materials.
    Be advised, if you are going to run anything else then the PFC materials you have now, you will need to have the rotors machined, about .010". Something about the newer PFC materials leaving something on the rotors, that won't just "clean" off. At least, that's what I've been told by a formula car race team a number of years ago.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 286

I would put PFC 07 compound on the front and keep the 01 compound for the rear, if the 07 is available for your calipers.

Liked: 80

Ditto David.

I used Wilwood Polymatrix "A" on my Radical and my Stohr DSR, and they worked well also.

-Jake

Liked: 10

We ran Carbotech (www.CTBrakes.com) on our Radical SR3 from day one. Call Danny Puskar at Carbotech, he'll help you.

Feff

Thread Information