Liked: 711

Default 2012 F1000 National Championship!

As promised, the 2012 F1000 National Championship is officially back! Thanks to the renewed support of:
    Mystt Premium Vodka
    NovaRace
    Taylor Race Engineering
    Gyrodynamics

the prize fund currently sits at $1,350!

This year, one big race, the SCCA National Championship Runoffs, will decide it all! Our goal is to break the record of 13 F1000 cars taking the green flag, a record that was set at the very first F1000 National Championship in 2007 and hasn’t been equaled since. Registration for the Runoffs opened today and there are already six drivers registered. With at least eight other drivers verbally committed to attending and several more potentially eligible, this could be the year that we break the record. If you’re not one of the drivers that could be on the track, you’ll want to attend to see and be a part of F1000 history!

Follow this link to see how to qualify for the Runoffs: http://www.scca.com/clubracing/content.cfm?cid=45934

How can you be eligible for the prize money? It’s easy, just qualify for the Runoffs and take the green flag at Road America on September 23. There are no series registration fees and no season-long points battles, just one race to crown the 2012 F1000 National Champion.

There are still plenty of nationals (or rationals) left, even some doubles to get qualified quickly! The full schedule can be seen here: http://www.scca.com/clubracing/conte...d=44467&tag=51
    Take a look at the schedule and make a plan to qualify for what could be the biggest F1000 race in 5 years

[FONT=Verdana]Stay tuned for more updates as prize fund grows, the entry list grows, and the race draws near!

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]
    [FONT=Verdana]Tune in to the F1000 Championship on Twitter to get updates throughout the year: https://twitter.com/Formula1000
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 35

Glad to be apart of again Mike.....Like I have told you in the past... you do a hell of a job.. And we will support you anytime.
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Liked: 43

Mike,

Add another $50 to the prize fund. Northwind Racing, in the spirit of club racing being fun, will donate $50 toward a race starter who finishes second to last. The last place finisher usually gets a hard luck prize at the runoffs. We might as well spread things around and call this the "Wanker Prize". Boy I hope I don't win it.

Please welcome Hurley Racing Products and Formula Racing LTD to our growing list of sponsors! Thanks to their generous support, the 2012 F1000 National Championship prize fund has grown to $2,000! Stay tuned for information on the payout breakdown.

Also, thanks to the contribution of Northwind Racing, part of the prize fund includes the newly created Club Racing Spirit Prize. $100 will be awarded to the driver that finishes second to last at the Runoffs. Dan suggested calling it the “wanker prize” but that’s offensive to all the drivers that exert an effort to support the class.

There are still lots of nationals and rationals left, both single and double, to help you earn an invitation to the Runoffs. One of the more exciting venues is the double rational at Barber Motorsports Park over Labor Day weekend. Not only can you get two races in one weekend at one of America’s premier tracks, officials have said that if there are enough F1000 cars, they’ll give us a split start! Registration is now open: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...A806B5649F32EB
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Dan suggested calling it the “wanker prize” but that’s offensive to all the drivers that exert an effort to support the class.
    Zing!

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    One of the more exciting venues is the double rational at Barber Motorsports Park over Labor Day weekend. Not only can you get two races in one weekend at one of America’s premier tracks, officials have said that if there are enough F1000 cars, they’ll give us a split start! Registration is now open: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...A806B5649F32EB
    I'll be at Barber with the new car. I know Brandon and Coop also. Anyone else?? I'm really syked!!!!

Liked: 159

Default Add to the purse

Mike,

Thanks for all you do..... and have done for F1000.

JDR Motorsport would like to donate another $100 to the purse.....to be paid to the driver who overcomes the worst hardships to start the race (finish not required). I suggest a vote of participants be used to determine the winner.

We've all seen drivers struggle mightily to make the show after crashes, engine blowups, fires, etc. This will shed some light on that effort.

I urge other chassis manufacturers to jump on board and add to the pot.

Jerry Hodges
    JDR Motorsport.com

Liked: 554

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    JDR Motorsport would like to donate another $100 to the purse.....to be paid to the driver who overcomes the worst hardships to start the race (finish not required). I suggest a vote of participants be used to determine the winner.
    Great idea and offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    Mike,

Thanks for all you do..... and have done for F1000.

We've all seen drivers struggle mightily to make the show after crashes, engine blowups, fires, etc. This will shed some light on that effort.

I urge other chassis manufacturers to jump on board and add to the pot.

Jerry Hodges
    JDR Motorsport.com
    Great idea Jerry. We both know you would have earned that award at The Cat National a couple of weeks ago. The preserverence you guys had certainly paid off. A new race car, engine problems, not even making a lap in qualifying, and starting at the back of the field and coming out with a victory was a great story. Your prize will be a positive light for someone.

Cool! Thanks, Jerry!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Default thanks Dan

Dan.....many thanks to you, Mike, and JR for all the help at the CAT. It really showed how the F1000 family comes together to help each other.

I must expecially thank Greg Moon of Moon Supercycles for working till 3:30 am on the engine.....and bringing it back to life....purring like a kiltten. I can't sing his praises highly enough!

I definately don't want to win this prize at the runoffs.....been there, and done that to many times!

Oh, by the way Dan......we had a camera on the car.....and Alex has a video of your on track battle with him.....and of you spinning right in front of him.....if you'd like a copy.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Great idea Jerry. We both know you would have earned that award at The Cat National a couple of weeks ago. The preserverence you guys had certainly paid off. A new race car, engine problems, not even making a lap in qualifying, and starting at the back of the field and coming out with a victory was a great story. Your prize will be a positive light for someone.

Liked: 14

brief thread hijack : Jerry was your car the all white job that was the only F1000 running during the CAT test day? I was trying to sort out what it was but had never seen one like that before. If so i was a good looking machine.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Yep.....all white.....and a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFirlein View Post
    brief thread hijack : Jerry was your car the all white job that was the only F1000 running during the CAT test day? I was trying to sort out what it was but had never seen one like that before. If so i was a good looking machine.

Jerry,

PM sent.

The 2012 Mystt F1000 National Championship prize fund is mostly set. Barring any last minute additions, the payout at the Runoffs will look like this:

1st place: $600 cash plus $600 Taylor Race Engineering certificate
    2nd place: $400 cash plus $400 Taylor Race Engineering certificate
    3rd place: $300 cash plus $300 Taylor Race Engineering certificate
    4th place: $200 cash
    5th place: $150 cash
    6th place: $100 cash
    7th place: $50 cash

Hard Charger: $200 Taylor Race Engineering certificate. Awarded to the driver whose official finishing position is the most spots ahead of their official grid position.

Club Racing Spirit Prize: $100 cash Awarded to the driver that overcomes that most adversity to take the green flag.

All of these prizes are courtesy of our sponsors:
    Mystt Premum Vodka
    Taylor Race Engineering
    Hurley Racing Products
    NovaRace LLC
    Formula Racing LTD
    Gyrodynamics
    Northwind Racing

Please be sure to thank them for supporting F1000!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 1432

Wow. That is pretty impressive, especially considering you had a only a short month to get it together. We're not talking tens of thousands, but hey, in this racing age that is a pretty sizable payout!

Can I put wings on a FF and come get my butt handed to me?

Liked: 151

Nice job Mike!

Liked: 2

Default Very Cool ---

And it's all real!

Great going, Mike.

Liked: 80

Absolutely fantastic!

-J

Liked: 59

Congrats Mike!! I want a T Shirt!

Liked: 7

Default Should you choose to supply them again...

I'm down for 3 XL in the vintage 2010 White graphic style on Black T.

How can you resist that Mike?

Rick Kean
    Houston

Liked: 66

Default Mike, you ROCK!

Understate what you can do and over-deliver on it. Now that is a recipe for success! Way to go, Mike! I look forward to buying you a beer or two at the runoffs!

John

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Taking the Runoffs to the next level

Thanks Mike for all your efforts to orgainze the F1000 Championship at the Runoffs. Incredible! Your efforts certainly takes the Runoffs to the next level for all F1000 particpants.

All F1000 owners/participants and those interested in F1000 should take note of the energy and future of F1000.

Great formula with diverse chassis to choose from, numerous builders, and stock engines, with incredible performance.

Thank you!
    Michael

Liked: 66

Default Nice job guys

In reviewing the numbers on the SCCA site, it looks like the FB community can stand proud for our representation this year at the runoffs - we have the highest percentage of participation of any formula car class this year.

Here's what I mean:

FA 50%
    FB 79%
    FC 59%
    FE 68%
    FF 65%
    FM 48%
    FV 70%
    F500 74%

Bravo!

Liked: 2

Default ME TOO -- !

Double bravo to all!

Please welcome our latest sponsors, Philly Motorsports and JDR Motorsports. Thanks to their generous contributions, the prize fund has now reached $4,000 in cash and prizes!

The 2012 Mystt F1000 National Championship payout will now look like this:

1st place: $700 cash plus $600 Taylor Race Engineering certificate
    2nd place: $500 cash plus $400 Taylor Race Engineering certificate
    3rd place: $400 cash plus $300 Taylor Race Engineering certificate
    4th place: $300 cash
    5th place: $250 cash
    6th place: $100 cash
    7th place: $50 cash

In addition to the awards to the top 7 finishers, there are several special prizes to be awarded:

Hard Charger: $200 Taylor Race Engineering certificate. Awarded to the driver whose official finishing position is the most spots ahead of their official grid position.

Club Racing Spirit Prize: $100 cash Awarded to the driver that overcomes the most adversity to take the green flag. Thanks to JDR Motorsports.

Crown Prize: $100 cash to the driver that finishes 10th. This is the number of drivers required to crown a national champion and it looks like F1000 will exceed it yet again. Thanks to Northwind Racing.

As a reminder, all of these prizes are courtesy of our sponsors so please be sure to thank them, preferably by sending business their way:
    Mystt Premum Vodka
    Taylor Race Engineering
    Philly Motorsports
    Hurley Racing Products
    NovaRace LLC
    Formula Racing LTD
    Gyrodynamics
    Northwind Racing
    JDR Motorsports
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Great stuff Mike. Also what a showing at the runoffs. Wish I could be there to see it. Next year definitely.

Liked: 59

Well done Mike!! Good luck to all drivers and teams at the Runoffs!!

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]As everyone may have already heard, Brandon Dixon won his second Mystt Premium Vodka Formula 1000 National Championship in three years. Congratulations again to Brandon![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]For his effort, Brandon won [/FONT][FONT=Arial]$700 cash plus a $600 Taylor Race Engineering certificate.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Second place went to Mike Beauchamp who took home [/FONT][FONT=Arial]$500 cash plus a $400 Taylor Race Engineering certificate.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Jake Latham took third and [/FONT][FONT=Arial]$400 cash and a $300 Taylor Race Engineering certificate.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Dan Robinson finished fourth and won [/FONT][FONT=Arial]$300 cash.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Jeremy Hill finished fifth and won [/FONT][FONT=Arial]$250 cash.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Juan Marchand finished sixth and won [/FONT][FONT=Arial]$100 cash.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Terry Biner finished [/FONT][FONT=Arial]7th place and won $50 cash.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]John LaBrie came in 10th and took home $100 cash for finishing in the “Crown Position”. SCCA requires 10 starters to crown a champion, thus the 10th place award.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Dan Robinson also came from a 13th place starting position to finish fourth, winning the Taylor Race Engineering Hard Charger Award and a [/FONT][FONT=Arial]$200 Taylor Race Engineering certificate. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Finally, it was decided that the Club Racing Spirit Prize will be decided by a vote among the Runoffs competitors. This award will go the driver that overcame the most adversity to take the green flag and will be announced next week.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Remember, all of these prizes are courtesy of our sponsors:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Mystt Premum Vodka[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Taylor Race Engineering[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Philly Motorsports[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Hurley Racing Products[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]NovaRace LLC[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Formula Racing LTD[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Gyrodynamics[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Northwind Racing[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]JDR Motorsports[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Please be sure to thank them for supporting Formula 1000![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]If you didn’t get a chance to watch the live broadcast, or just want to relive the biggest F1000 race ever, you can see it at:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]http://www.speedcasttv.com/scca/#/races/316 and forward to the 51 minute mark.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]As far as 2013,[/FONT][FONT=Arial] I had the opportunity to speak to several key people that are excited about Formula 1000 in 2013 and can help us build a series that will be a big shot in the arm for the class. I’m cautiously optimistic that 2013 could be the biggest year yet, and not just the Runoffs. I hope to have some big announcements in the coming months so stay tuned. And get those cars ready for next year![/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Liked: 1886

If you didn’t get a chance to watch the live broadcast, or just want to relive the biggest F1000 race ever,...

You talking about the race this weekend at Daytona?

Liked: 30

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    You talking about the race this weekend at Daytona?

Thread Information