Thread: Donnington park

Liked: 23

Default Donnington park

Arrived at East Midlands airport in the UK to operate a charter to Venezuela Saturday. Come to find out the super bikes are racing 2 miles away at Donnington park this weekend and qualifying is tomorrow(Friday). I think I'll go down there and see how these guys race bikes around here- the weather is perfect, and should be pretty cool!!

Liked: 84

you're one lucky dude

Liked: 554

Brett, you MUST go to the F1 cars museum there. It will be one of the most amazing places you've ever been in your life.

Report back here after you've visited the museum.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Didn't know about the F1 museum- will do! This should be great!

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Donnington museum

I spent half a day there twice and still didn't see everything! A stunning collection and a must-see for all true racing aficionados. Sensory overload is inevitable. Be careful!

Liked: 4

Default Re: Donnington F1 museum

I visited the F1 museum back in May and was blown away by all the cars. What an overload! Enjoy.

Just got back from Donnington park and the museum. First, The superbikes were SICK! To all my buddies in FB: I now know what a liter bike motor sounds like that is not stock, and/or some kind of crazy ECU. They sound like they're running on Nitro. They are having these booming back fire(s) while upshifting. Boom! Boom! Boom! Amazing!

Now to the Museum. Cool history(Lotus 49? I think). Lots of other cars from that vintage. A couple of Tyrrells, but no six wheeler, abunch of McLarens, but no '88 MP4. But, there was one of my favorites of all time- the Williams FW14. I jumped the rope for this pic...

Thread Information