Liked: 0

Default USF 2000 Sunday Race

Congratulations to Mark Eaton and Robinson Motorsports for an impressive win today on the streets of Baltimore. Kudos also to "Libby" and Patrick Gallagher for the second and third place finishes. Way to go, guys!

Liked: 111

Mark was hooked up coming out of the two slowest corners in a way that I couldn't match today. I had him on lap time yesterday for the start order today, but he was two seconds a lap quicker today than yesterday. I didn't have anything for him and could only manage the second. I would love to have had the win. Furuseth is great but he damaged the front suspension in turn four, but both Mark and I were catching him.

Great venue for a race and a very fun track. I will have video from the start uploaded soon.

JL

The win would have been great, but you've got to love the second. Especially after all the drama of the racetrack configuration. Well done!

As promised.

https://vimeo.com/48713835

This looks much better if played in HD, and looks much better yet if you hit the button that says "use HTML5 player". The flash player looks not so pretty at all comparatively.

Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default Video

I call all that concrete very scary!
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Nah. Nothing more than an autocross with consequences.

Great start Jim
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 59

Default Mark Eaton is THE MAN!

Wanted to throw a shout-out for Mark Eaton...I see Cornbread already beat me to it. He was flat walking the dog on Sunday. Made me feel good that someone in an FE whose age doesn't end with "-een" won the National class.

There is no more deserving winner of a USF2000 race than Mark. He drives the tractor trailer, wrenches on ALL the RMS cars, just plain works his butt off all week, and goes out and shows us how it's done. I was pedaling hard as I could and if we'd had a couple more green laps he'd have lapped me And there's no more gracious, just plain excited about it, winner to be be around - I swear his feet never touched the concrete in the Convention Center paddock area the rest of the day Sunday.

Jim - great drive on Sunday...didn't mean to leave you out. I got nothing for either of you! Hell, you passed me like four times on Saturday - I'll still never figure out how I finished that race ahead of you. LOL

See everyone at VIR next week!

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 53

What's all the fuss over Mark about ?? He came in 6th overall... He should have passed five more cars . Anyway, I'm proud of him . I can't wait to see this on TV !
    Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Liked: 530

When does it air on TV?

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

The USF2000 page claims the Mid-Ohio and Baltimore will make it onto Mazda Motorsports Hour on October 6 @ 12pm. It is on the Discovery Velocity channel (formerly HD Theater)

http://www.usf2000.com/results/2012/...CITY%20(1).pdf

Thread Information