Thread: HPD Vector Kit?

Liked: 2

Default HPD Vector Kit?

Can anyone "in the know" confirm or deny that HPD is working on a factory conversion kit for the Vector? I heard that rumor over the weekend. I find it hard to believe but it's worth asking about.
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Liked: 23

Reach out to http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/member.php?u=7290

Philip is an HPD chassis engineer who is converting his personally owned Vector. So while I suspect there won't be a kit from HPD, there may be all the parts you need from other kits and then from Philip directly for the Vector specific parts if you get your needs to him ahead of when he commissions his parts to be made.

Tim
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Contributing Member zangyomotorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 36

Default Vector Kit

Hi Kurtis,
    As Tim stated, I am in the process of designing and manufacturing a Vector kit.
    The Vector I purchased was in need of significant TLC, and is now being restored. It's a good example of a car which would probably never have seen the race track again without the Fit engine.
    I am the Chassis Design & Development Manager at HPD, but this is not an official HPD project. You would have figured after the DB-1, DB-6, and RF99, the Vector would be a snap, but it's been a good challenge restoring the Vector and even having a face to face meeting with Wiet Huidekoper, who originally designed the car. I will post those notes online eventually.

The majority of the kit will consist of purchasing needed parts from HPD, and for the exclusive Vector parts, I will sell those directly.

Here is as link to my original thread:

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39712

I will post an update today

Philip LaPointe
    Last edited by zangyomotorsports; 08.11.12 at 9:44 AM.

Thread Information