Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

Default FSV Lola T-620 Restoration finally done

After 6 months, the T-620 project is ready for track testing. First of all, thanks to all the ApexSpeed participants who've helped me with questions on this project along the way.

So now one last question. I'm getting ready to do setup and corner weights. Any suggestions for front and back ride height, camber, and toe? Not too worried about caster at front (just that they should be same L to R) but wonder about any rear caster. On my FF and FB I've always just set rear upright straight up for caster.

Thanks for any input.
    Bob Alder

Couldn't resist a few of the "Before pics":

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

There are no easy and pat answers. Don't worry about being exact. Start with ballpark figures and get used to the car. Ride heights depend on your springs. Pick a spot on the tub, usually the front corners, and always use the same point. I'd set 1.500" at the front to start. I don't usually worry about a ride height number at the back. I set 1.5 degrees up angle on the tub longitudinal axis, equalize the rear spring platforms to give this and start from there. You can then measure some points that you can get to easily and use them in the future. After you set the ride heights push down hard on the front of the car (stand on it if you are relatively lightweight - say 150#) - and see if it hits the ground. If it does then the ride height is too low for the prings you have installed.

Strart with zero camber at the rear and .5 degrees negative at the front. Total toe out at the front .125" and zero toe at the rear.

That will be a good place to start. Do not start changing things the first weekend unless there is some diabolical issue. Learn the car.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Rear caster is normally set to get the bumpsteer you want.

And the caster falls wherever it does.

Make sure you don't have bump oversteer or it will be wicked

Contributing Member
    Liked: 3

By bump oversteer do you mean toe out in bump?

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Precisely.

If the laden (outside) rear goes into toe out, in bump, oversteer is the inevitable result.

Thread Information