Liked: 2

Default GSXR Pro-shift Installation help?

What length "shift-link" are people using for their Proshift PS2 installations? That is, the length of the splined arm that bolts directly to the gearbox's shift-actuation shaft...

We're bolting the rod end on the end of the PS2 unit's push rod to this arm with no other levers of linkages and want to get the correct amount of throw. Proshift doesn't seem to specify a length in thier literature.

Thanks much!

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default utilize maximum throw of actuator.

if actuator throws 30mm total..

then make sure you build a gearbox lever that can throw 15mm each with bottoming lever on gearbox.

Just a warning. recently on the east coast teams were troubleshooting a PS2 system and spent oodles of time fidgeting with settings and such. ended bad. But might be worth contacting them as they are going through alot of setup and troubleshooting on the same engine package and setup you are running.

contact RC Enerson, New Port Richey, who was running a stohr.. I think they were in direct contact with proshift owner / engineer.

call me and I will try to help as much as possible 604-805-6201
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liked: 8

Default Staart

With one and a half inches center to center. The shift levers I have built have three positions, in half-in intervals, starting at 1.5 inches. This gives you a bit of adjustability.

Most important is to ensure that the actuator runs full depth on both contraction and extension. Second most important thing is to ensure that the actuator rod is absolutely 90 degrees to the shift arm when at rest. If you have good upshift, but less-than-great downshifts, look to ensure that the arm is moving to its full extension. If not, you will have troubles.

As well, ensure that you isolate the actuator cylinder as best you can from heat sources (exhaust) The actuator is filled with a viscous material that will melt and clog the cylinder if overheated (common problem). If so, send it to me and I will repair it for you. I service these units regularly. Once I repair them, they will not seize again in use.

These systems work GREAT when set up. Most all the problems are due to the physical setup on the engine. Get that correct, and you will have no problems; if you don't get it right, well, you will be frustrated.

Any ?? you can PM me and I will do my best to help. I have done a "few" of these installations. I also have spares in stock.

Best,
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 14

Tom does a good job rebuilding the proshift solenoid. My two solenoids came back working great, thanks Tom

Liked: 8

Default Thanks JR

It was a pleasure to serve you. Glad they are working right and remember the lifetime warranty!
    Best,
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Thread Information