Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default VIR 2012 Entry List

Hey, it's a lot earlier than I promised ! And no, it isn't April Fools !
    But you have to go to the series website, either www.F1600series.com, or www.F2000series.com, to see them as they are today.
    We are closing in on our season openers.

BTT

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

30 cars with some TBA drivers...that's a good start.

18 Honda's & 12 Kent's. Interesting to say the least.

Looking forward to some great fields.
    Steve Bamford

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    18 Honda's & 12 Kent's. Interesting to say the least..

Not sure too many people would have predicted that just a few years ago!

Liked: 212

like the zetec package, the honda is expected to go many more miles between rebuilds. given the amount of track time during pro weekends i beleive this is more then likely the main motivation. as we all saw last year the honda and ford packages are both very competitive
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 201

Glad the entry list is up, thanks Rand...

I am surprised that some people aren't on the list...

John Robinson, Jim Lee, Goughary, Black Watch Racing (I think that was their name), Rubenzer, Leach, Beasley

Hopefully we have even more at the event than what is entered now.

Liked: 678

I'm planning on being there. It is going to be tight, as the Kershaw test revealed some issues to be resolved, but if all goes well, I will make it.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 0

Default What about Valet?

[FONT=Monaco]What about Valet, no not Bill, I am talking about the important Valet's, Dennis and assoc. I hope that they are going to be there to continue with thier great photography. They captured some great moments last year, and I hope for more of the same...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Monaco]We all know Janice is going to be busy keeping Mike in line, but I still expect some great shots from her...[/FONT]

John T. et al, Dennis Valet, the elder brother of TJ, who is every bit as proficent as Dennis, will indeed be at VIR and hopefully the balance of the season.
    And also hopefully TJ will make a few races over the course of the season.

Liked: 3787

It's a tag team affair. Thursday, Janice will be shooting while Dennis and TJ are in school. She'll try to get file footage at Oak Tree, etc., for Monty. We also need to get portraits of each driver, and their helmets, and solid shots of each car, for the files.
    Then Friday the reinforcements will come over the hill with the big Canons. The Valets will start shooting their 10,000 frames and Janice will try to capture the "flavor" in the paddock and on pit lane.

Maybe we should start bragging about being the most photgraphed Series in the US.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 04.03.12 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Spellchecker Josh says i shouldnt post after happy hour

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Cavalry.

Josh, what do expect from a Panacean ?

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

I just thought the notion of a hill coming over the hill was amusing.

Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    [FONT=Monaco]What about Valet, no not Bill, I am talking about the important Valet's, Dennis and assoc. I hope that they are going to be there to continue with thier great photography. They captured some great moments last year, and I hope for more of the same...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Monaco]We all know Janice is going to be busy keeping Mike in line, but I still expect some great shots from her...[/FONT]
    John, what about me and my charming personality, aren't you going to miss me too?

As Mike & Mike have said, Dennis will be at VIR and then we expect TJ to be able to be at the races after he finishes school in early May.

As for Bill and our car we have decided we have had enough of this Series. There are way too many cars at these events and they are way too competitive. It is much easier to show up at Nationals and race around by yourself and get a win with only a couple of cars to race against. The people in the paddock are way too friendly, dont they know racing is dog-eat-dog and serious business? And Rand his gang? Dont get me started. Constantly adjusting the rules to make them better, just because all the drivers support a change, ridiculous.

The real story is that Bill is a victim of his own success. Racing both Nationals/Runoffs and the Pro Series last year was overkill. Going from the Pro Lime Rock race straight to the Runoffs was a lot of fun but it really put a strain on home and work life. Bill started a new job at Brookhaven Labs, he started night school and he is getting married this July. Having a drink at Siebkins after the Runoffs race we had decided to take this year off regardless of what happened at the Watkins Glen final race.

Not being able to have Bill defend the crown sucks and we really feel bad for the Series, which we will continue to support with all our hearts, but real life has to come first. I am really glad that Dennis and TJ will be able to continue shooting for the Series, they love it and really seem to have a talent for it (something that I never did--we look at my race photos from 30+ years of shooting and laugh). It is possible that Bill will be able to enter a race or two, we will see, hopefully we can work it into a busy year.

Best of luck to everyone this year. Be safe and have fun.

Last thing. Bill would not have had even a slight chance of winning last year if it had not been for Jim Little and Harry Martin at Drivers Services. Not only did they transform our Swift into a front-running car, they also taught Bill how to run up front. Those guys live and breath formula cars, they only care about getting better each and every race. I would highly recommend that anybody who wants to improve their driving and the set-up of their car get in touch with Jim. He will be at VIR. His fees are very modest, especially considering the amount of open-wheel experience he brings to the table.

Tom

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default Real Life?

Real Life comes first? I though "racing was life, everything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Ed

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    Real Life comes first? I though "racing was life, everything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Ed
    If this was that other website, I'd hit the "Like" button!
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 678

Sorry to hear Bill won't get to defend his championship. He will be missed.

On another subject, if anyone wants to check out the FF 40th scrapbook, I'll be in the RV sites up near the top of the paddock. feel free to drop by.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Thread Information