Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default 2012 Registration open

Registration is now open for 2012, the form is on the series website, www.f1600series.com.
    The fee includes one SCCA Pro Racing Drivers License and unlimited SCCA Pro Crew licenses.
    All competitors expecting to enter more than 2 double race weekends need to register, get a confirmed competition number for the season, and very shortly will be forwarded the paperwork to get your Pro Racing hard card. These are permanent credentials that in many events mean stopping at Registration will not be required.
    These credentials require filling out the application and having your signature notarized, or as an option a licensed SCCA Registrar can fulfill that need.
    Our standout registrar Lenore Panads will be able to process applications at all events but that will obviously slow down the process and she will need to mail in the app as we will not be able to generate the hard cards at our events.

At the PRI show recently numerous F1600 competitors questioned the 7 double race weekends and subsequent impact on budgets.
    We listened and are soon announcing a revised schedule with 6 double race weekends with less expense, time and travel needed to run the whole series.
    The result will be a 12 race championship with a drivers best 10 results counting for the points championship.

Liked: 111

Default questions

Mike, Two questions:

One, Do you have a projected cost for the entry fees this year. I see the reg fee has gone up a little, does this mean the entry fees will also? Fees for test days?

Second, what is the date we must register before to keep our permanent numbers from last year?

I'm doing my 2012 budget to see if I get to come out and have more fun with F1600, SCCA, or the lawnmower around the house...

-Bob

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Hi Bob. Entry fees are going up. Originally, I was told they'd be the same as F2000, but I suspect in the end they'll be less.

Bob and everyone interested and/or reading this thread,
    Pay no attention to Ric, he must be sampling his anaesthesia !
    Whoever told him that F1600 entry fees were to match F2000 is delusional as no one has decided or announced 2012 F1600 entry fees.
    Yes F1600 double race weekend entry fees are going up, but nowhere near F2000 level, and everyones track time stays the same.
    Ric certainly never heard that from me or anyone associated with the series !
    Unfortunately I cannot help you with your budgeting for at least a week or two, but definately before Christmas.

true, it didn't come from any of the staff, which is why i questioned it and said i expected it to be less. sorry for the confusion. i'll go back to the FE thread now

John Robinson II, 2 time SCCA National Champ in FF, is the first to register for the 2012 F1600 season thereby assuring himself of his preferred number #19.
    All the registration form says under Car Info is Honda !

Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    All the registration form says under Car Info is Honda !
    Rumor is that John has a Piper sitting under his Christmas tree.

Liked: 553

Default Part time series competitor questions

Is a Pro license required for competitors doing only one or two races in 2012?

Is registration for VIR 2012 available yet?

Can I get the decal package shipped to me rather than get them at the event? (I'd be fine with paying for that extra service).

Thanks.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Good questions Russ.
    No Pro License required for drivers who will run only 1 or 2 weekends.
    Is 2012 Registration open ?
    Russ, that is the title of this thread.......
    I don't have decal packets as a few won't be in my hands until shortly before VIR.
    I could send a few, the series decal, Hoosier [specify black or white], SCCA Pro.

Thanks, Mike. I found the 2012 series registration form, but not the VIR event entry form.

One reason I was looking for the VIR entry form was to see the individual event fee (for series regulars and not).

I'll send an email about the decals. Thanks for being so competitor friendly.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default Pro Licence

I have not got my entry package yet, but will the Pro Licence match the dates of my exisiting National licence. As my National expires at the end of May I don't want to order the Pro now only to have it expire and then have to get again for June on. Not sure if my entry will get me two years of "free" Pro Licence.

Ed

I don't know but will find out and post.
    Your registration is in Eddie, #44 for the Bowman as requested.

Liked: 3322

Quote:
    ------------------------------------------------
    "I have not got my entry package yet, but will the Pro Licence match the dates of my exisiting National licence. As my National expires at the end of May I don't want to order the Pro now only to have it expire and then have to get again for June on. Not sure if my entry will get me two years of "free" Pro Licence."
    ------------------------------------------------
    Unquote

When I got my pro license, it was for a 1 year period starting Jan 1 and ending Dec 31. My SCCA membership and national license are/were for Feb 1 thru Jan 31. So I think they disregard the national and membership start/end dates. However, I would guess that your SCCA membership must be in effect for the pro license to be valid, i.e., you would have to be an SCCA member all year for your pro license to be valid all year.
    Last edited by DaveW; 02.21.12 at 1:31 PM.
    Dave Weitzenhof

To confirm what the sage of the paddock Dave W said, SCCA Pro Licenses are a calendar year basis, Jan 1-Dec 31, and in no way tied to your membership date of renewal or your Club Racing license date of renewal [which should coincide with your club membership].
    And he of course is also absolutely correct in stating that Membership in SCCA is required for any license, as well as access to restricted areas [pit lane, false grid] on our race weekends due to Participant Insurance dictates.

i can't open race entry form on the 1600 site. the other 3 open without any problem. anyone else having this issue, before i bug rand....again.

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Click the "Word File" link on the right side of this page:

http://www.f1600championshipseries.com/competitors.html

that got me tantalizingly close. after typing in all the info, it printed out a blank paper with the exception of the logo and entry fee box. attempts at printing the form letter without info yielded the same results

I was able to open, edit and print it using OpenOffice.org Writer. That's free software that can take the place of Microsoft Office / Word.

Monty tells me he has fixed the link for the entry form........

Thread Information