Liked: 5

Default Another DNF on the Road to Indy

Glad to hear Anders Krohn has a ride for the 24 hours but didn't like reading that his focus is now on sportscars. I thought this guy had what was needed to go to Indy but dollars are keeping it from happening I guess. It's great that mazda helps out in the program but they need to add the top step into the mix.

Liked: 14

I am happy for Anders. Its great to have dreams but the main goal of a professional race driver is to eventually position yourself to actually get paid and earn a living from your craft no matter the series. If he does well and is good with sponsors he can still parlay it back into openwheels. One of he benefits of the much longer careers driver are able to maintain these days
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 3787

Frekin yeah!

Anders has a ride. Fantastic! Kudos to him and his ability. Kevin is totally correct. Do you know how hard it is to score any kind of ride in this economy.

Mrs Frog and I hope Anders does great next weekend.

Liked: 1

Guys there is NO MONEY in auto racing other than F1 and NASCAR. 24hours of Daytona is a joke and BORING. I tried to get sponsors for it this year and no one had any interest they said it was a 24 hour SCCA National race in the GT Class and bored race car drivers in the DP class.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

chuck......are you sure the lack of interest was in the car/series?

I asked that myself, believe me, but then I did a review of who is actually sponsoring the GT Class and it is, for the most part, rich older guys paying the bill personally.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
    I asked that myself, believe me, but then I did a review of who is actually sponsoring the GT Class and it is, for the most part, rich older guys paying the bill personally.
    Hasn't that been the predominant financial model for US sports car racing for the past 50 years or so?
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 296

Charles, you're coming off awfully bitter this off season. Why don't you hop in that plane of yours and find your way to Pittsburgh for some bench racing? Your bitterness is much more entertaining in person!
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Will do. How is your winter going.

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post

Isn't that the way it is 99% of the time in any series? Or some rich older guy paying for his son/daughter to race?
    -Nick

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Guess that makes me a 1% er, the not rich part. Maybe I can organize an Occupy F2000 movement. Hang around race weekends, accomplish nothing and cause trouble.

As they say in the NBA about Barkley when he runs his mouth, "That's just Charles being Charles"

Liked: 3787

Jim said, "Maybe I can hang around race weekends, accomplish nothing and cause trouble."

I'm thinking... how is that different than what he has been doing since 2005?

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 927

Bottom line is that Anders has a ride that someone else is paying the bills for.

I would take that in about anything.

So he did do good.

Thread Information