Liked: 1

Default (WTB) ATL FC-152 Fuel Cell

Hi
    I'm looking to buy a good used FC-152 ATL fuel cell. Or Fuel Safe CB304.
    Mine developed a small leak in the back seam. FC-152 is the only size that I think will fit and I can't find any other cell's that will be legal in both Vintage and SCCA.
    Please let me know what you have and the size if it's not an ATL FC-152 it can't be any wider than 14"
    Thanks
    Last edited by racecarguy1968; 12.29.11 at 6:39 PM. Reason: additional info

Liked: 896

I have an ATL 140, just a year old. Holds 4+ gallons.

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Liked: 59

Default Don't tease .....

Come on Jay, don't tease us... How much for the ATL 140 ?

Thanks

Liked: 896

ATL 140 fuel cell $350. 1 1/2 years old. No problems at all just too small for F600.

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Default fuel cell

Thanks But the 140 is way to big for mine, great price though. are ATL and Fuel safe the only ones that make cell's that are legal for SCCA? I see RCI cells online and they will fit better but not sure if they are legal.
    Last edited by racecarguy1968; 01.01.12 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Addition

Liked: 304

The RCI cells do not appear to be approved by any organization, so the answer is no. Also, they only list a 1, 3 and 4 gallon. The 1 is way too small, the 3 is questionable. The 4 gallon atl140 is as about as small as you can use. Fuel Safe has a similar 4 gallon unit that might be a better fit in some cases.

You say it is way to big. But 4 gal is about the minimum. Maybe you mean the shape doesn't work? If so, custom will probably be your only option. More $$$.

Liked: 174

What's the type of Vee you need a fuel cell for?

Mark

Liked: 121

I noticed on a couple of different sites, the FC152 had come down a little in price somewhere between $550 and $580. Still expensive however!

Default fuel cell

Thanks for the website Nardi!! Great prices!

http://carshopinc.com/

Liked: 76

see this site for standard cells. http://www.sracing.com/Store/Safety/fuel_cells.htm

Reasonable prices on custom cells with FIA FT3 certification. call Butch for a quote.
    859-963-8318
    butch deer

Liked: 7

Default Eagle Fuel Cell

Check with Eagle. They have a website, can repair some cells and build legal new one's. They are much more reasonable than ATL and do a very nice job. I sent my cell to them and they copied exactly.

SteveO

Default fuel cell

Steve did you have to send Eagle a filler neck and fittings? they quoted me a good price but said I needed to supply the filler neck and outlet/vent fittings
    Thanks

Liked: 50

Quote Originally Posted by racecarguy1968 View Post
    Steve did you have to send Eagle a filler neck and fittings? they quoted me a good price but said I needed to supply the filler neck and outlet/vent fittings
    Thanks
    That is correct. They build the cell only for your hardware.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Thanks
    I did not send them the hardware. They copied the mounts as they were in my old cell. When I recieved the cell I just installed my old hardware. They did however supply the gaskets.

SteveO

Liked: 25

Thanks
    Would you mind sharing that good price that you received from Eagle for the cell? Yesterday Eagle told me a FC152 clone without the metal parts would be $900. That is nearly 2 X the SR price and I would still need to find the metal bits.

Sam

Default price

Sam;

I don't remember the exact amount but it was in the 950 range. Considering ATL wanted almost 1500 I chose least expensive route. My cell is a particular shape and size, no standard cell will work. If SR has what you need I would suggest going that route.

SteveO

Liked: 25

[FONT=Calibri]Steve,[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Thanks, that is a very reasonable price for a custom made cell. I have worked with Eagle cells installed in aircraft and they have excellent quality. What I was curious about was the quote Sean received for the FC152 clone?[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Sam[/FONT]
    Last edited by SamF; 01.27.12 at 11:06 AM. Reason: wording

Liked: 113

Bob Shedd and I developed a Lynx B cell with Eagle. It is slightly narrower than the 152 cell and slightly taller. It runs around $900. We went that way because the 152 interfered with the shift rod on our Lynx B. The shift rod location is different from car to car and the 152 cell will work on some Lynx B depending on how much you are willing to squeeze the cell into the can.

When developing the car we knew the 152 cell would be questionable but we gave it a try.
    Bought a cell from Jim at SR at a very fair price -tried it out and could not make it work. Sold the new cell on apexspeed at an even more fair price.

I was not exactly thrilled at spending $450 more for the Eagle but it was the right thing to do from a cell integrity standpoint.

If you can get a standard cell to work there is no doubt it is a better route. For custom work Eagle tends to have the best response at reasonable prices. I have eagle cells in both of my FV and have had no issues.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

We have ordered a cell from Eagle and have another one on order. Their cells are fine, but when you consider the price w/o hardware they are about the same as our Fuel Safe and ATL quotes. Plus their lead time is greater. They quoted us 3 to 4 weeks on our last cell and Fuel Safe and ATL are usually 7 to 10 working days.
    If you have good hardware, it is probably worth it. (Although ATL and Fuel Safe will also use your hardware if requested. )
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Default fuel cell

The Price they quoted me was for a custom cell it was $900 and using my old ATL hardware.

Default fuel Cell

Well I went with the ATL 152 and bought it from Jim at SR Racing.
    If you ever need anything for FV's call SR Racing, great people to work with, fast service, and very helpful on FV questions.

THANKS SR RACING!!!!

Thanks for the nice words. BTW, Cell shipped, you should have it tomorrow.

Jim
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Thread Information