Liked: 0

Default Great lakes Division

Is anything going on here for F600? I was going to go to Formula Vee but This sounds like aliitle more fun . Is there a spec tire for F600 and how long do they usually last. Also how are maintence costs compared to a Formula Vee?

Thanks,
    -Austin

Liked: 5

There is a defacto spec tire because Hoosier is the only one who makes a 10" tire for our cars. I find 12 sessions is my limit when I feel the loss in traction is greater than my car controll skills (i.e. the cost of a new set is cheaper than the damage I'm about to do to the car!). Engines and tranny are in a common case and are about $1000 shipped and should last a season if not two depending on how often you run. Engines are throw aways as it will be at least $1500 to rebuild them unless you do it yourself. Tires are $650 a set. Motorcycle chain is about $150 and probably should be done twice a season. Brakes are cheap around $70-80 for fronts and $50 for rears per a weekend (most cars have one rear rotor so a box of rear pads goes twice as far). The rest (fluids, entry fees, towing, etc) is pretty comparable to FV.

F600 is still very much in flux with various factions in the CRB and the BOD all pulling in different directions so nobody knows what the heck is going to happen. We (F600 commitee) keep hearing promises that everything will be sorted in the next month or two, but that has been going on for 6+months. If F600 interests you and you can wait it out a bit over the next few months we would love to have you.
    Chris Ross
    09 NovaKBS F600 #36 Powered by '09 600 Suzuki GSX-R
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information