Liked: 0

The decision has been made.

PRESS RELEASE January 15,2004

The Board of Directors of Monoposto Racing, North America’s premiere vintage open wheel racing organization, announced today that it has approved the inclusion of Formula Fords with manufacture dates from 1973-1981 (usually referred to as Club Fords) for races run under Monoposto regulations. These cars will be classed as “FF70” racecars and will run in the F70 (wings and slicks) group. Eligibility is effective upon promulgation of an interim rules package expected in March of this year.

Bob Goeldner, Monoposto Racing president, stated “We were approached by members of the Formula Ford community last year to sound us out on the possibility of Club Fords being included in our ranks. These racers like the strong emphasis on originality, presentation and driver conduct that characterizes our organization. We polled our members and they voted by a wide margin to open our ranks to these fellow open wheel racers”.

Monoposto Racing has named it’s vice president, Dan Schmutte, to serve as the class representative for these new members for 2004. Dan will oversee development of the rules package, act as a point of contact for drivers and race organizers and monitor rules compliance and driver conduct. Dan can be reached at creekboy80@aol.com.

Monoposto Communications Director
    Cecil Boyd
    bluesky49@earthlink.net

Liked: 159

I assume that Royale RP31 (built to my knowledge only in '82) will not be allowed in the show? Typically they run as an SCCA club ford. They all had outboard rear springs and shocks. Was consideration given to the RP31 case and a decision made or was this an oversight?

Thanks for any feedback

Steve

Dan, this is great news. I look forward to joining Monposto and I'll see you at the races in my FF70 Lola 540.

Dan, thank you very much for your work on this. I think this is a really exciting venue for Club Fords.

Thanks Monoposoto members!

Craig Jones
    Craig Jones

Liked: 2

finally...some good news for a change. thanks for the invite of a RF78 VanDiemen.

According to scuttlebut from this weekend's VMC meeting, not all organizers are accepting entries for club fords. Better check before you book the hotel.
    Like a roll of toilet paper,
    life goes faster as you near the end.

Our informal discussions with the major vintage race organizations indicated their willingness to accept Club Fords as a Monoposto Class. However, given that this is a new thing, it's wise to check first with race organizers before assuming they will accomdate Club Fords at their vintage events. Like all good things, it sometimes takes some time for changes to be incorporated.

Dan Schmutte
    Vice President
    Monoposto Racing.

Thread Information