Liked: 2

Default 07-08 GSXR Longitudinal CG

Does anyone know: Does the longitudinal CG of the GSXR 4.454" inboard of the of the stock drive sprocket center?

Or is this point (4.456 inboard of stock drive sproket center line) just a line-up mark for proper sproket alignment with the Williams (and probably the others) diffs?

What IS the precise location of fulcrum on which that unit will balance in relation to the drive sproket?

I have suspicions! Confusions!

Thanks much,

Chris
    Last edited by Christopher Crowe; 12.16.11 at 7:52 PM. Reason: spell

Liked: 43

Chris,

If you can find a bike chassis and measure the motor mount offset from the chassis center line established between the center of the front and rear wheels I think this will get you very close. These bikes are designed to balance and tranfer weight from side to side very quickly. An optimized CG should be a big part of there design. Thus chasing the offset of the bikes should give you the number you are looking for. I wouldn't dwell on it too much though as other packaging issues may force you to compromise a perfect CG.

Liked: 2

Default Northwind ---

That unit is a compromise CG wise (of course). And now I understand why Firman put the exhaust system on the left side of the car, (chains and things be damned).

In most car installations (as determined by available chain diffs) the car is running a heavy right rear -- that is, if nothing were to offset that engine cg.

Thanks for the heads up on the stock bike mounting points... I've been trying hard in that area too. Wish there were a great and simple data sheet on these damned things!

Chris

Thread Information