Liked: 12

Default What HANS is correct?

[FONT=Monaco]After a ten year break, I plan on racing again with a Crossle' 25f. Since I need a HANS type device, I am seeking advice on which particular model would work with this car. HANS' website advises that for sever layback seats the model 40 is the one to use. I am wondering if a model 30 would work primarily because of the big price difference. The model 40 only comes in the professional version at a cost of almost $1000![/FONT]

My seat in the Crossle' measures at a 45 degree angle and when I spoke with the HANS people they recommended the model 40. Does anyone have any experiance and subsequent advice re. which model would work.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Liked: 66

Default Hans

I drive a 32f and the 30 is perfect for me. I did notice that the headrest pad was to thick at first and it drove my chin into my chest, after i downsized the pad everything works great.

Liked: 492

All my Crossle customers are using 30's. You will have to re-mount the shoulder harness, if it hasn't already been done. You should make a custom seat also.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 127

I run a Hans 30 in my 30F, fits nicely. Will work better once I make a bead seat this winter.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 42

Where in VA are you?

I can probably point you in the direction of a couple of HANS to test fit.

Or the Simpson/Safety Solutions Hybrid Pro which is independant of seat angle.

Liked: 12

Default Hans Fit.

Joe,

I live in Fredericksburg. Looking at the posts I believe that I will need to slim down the headrest that is mounted to the body. It seems to already push my head forward.

Craig

Liked: 42

There's a couple of place about equidistant from you that could help with the HANS fit. One's near dulles (OG racing) and one is on the nearside of charlottesville (CDOC).

As for the Safety Solutions. If you're interested in that route we can work something out.

--Joe

Thread Information