Thread: Scavenge Hose

Liked: 0

I bought and 88 Reynard and a motor from two sources. Now I'm confronted with the complication of fitting a motor set up for a Swift to the Reynard. I want to use the Swift oil pump and have fabricated a mount that will hold it just fine. The problem is the plumbing. The scavange inlets are too close to the pan and require too sharp a bend to use the 3/4" hose. I was thinking I would use a 90 degree 10 AN Earls hose ends and route it in a more managable configuration. My question is, will there be enough flow volume from the pan, or will it be too restricted with the smaller ID of the 10 AN hose. Thanks in advance for any help

Liked: 0

We ran into a similar problem when we put an engine from an 88 Reynard into a 94 VanDiemen. It turned out that we had to use a smaller oil pump (Titan II) instead of the Titan I we had on it. I know this wasn't really your answer, but we didn't really want to hear that we needed to buy a new oil pump either. I know where you can get a nice used Titan I that will fit an 88 Reynard.

------------------

Keith Carter #28
    94\95 VanDiemen

keith@formulacontinental.com

"Somebody call 911!!! Keith hurt himself again..."

Thread Information