Thread: As promised....

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default As promised....

The 2012 schedule for the F1600 Formula F Championship Series is out !
    And it isn't even Black Friday yet !

OK, I went through a few versions in getting this one put together, the first draft had Nelson Ledges, Montreal GP circuit, Gratten, Waterford Hills AND the Waterford Speedbolw 1/3 mile oval in Waterford, CT, Indy road course, Daytona full oval and Kershaw.
    Draft #2 included Roebling Road, Monticello, NOLA [look it up...], ICAR in Quebec, Shannonville in Ontario, Kentuckys Bluegrass Motorsports Complex [I was promised it would be open in time....] and another version of the Connelsville Airport Course near Pittsburgh.

But finally settled on the following:

April 12-15, VIR, the traditional starter with Historics now to be run as a spectator event by the track

May 10-12, Road Atlanta, at least we HOPE F1600 will be at Road Atlanta, they are trying hard to wedge both series in on the huge spectator turnout Drift Weekend

May 25-26, Lime Rock Park with SCCA Pro Racing TranAm series, under new management and expanding to one of the tracks biggest spectator weekends, Memorial Day weekend.

June 28-July 1, New Jersey Motorsports Parks Thunderbolt track running in conjunction with the ARCA stockcars and SCCA Pros Trans Am again, a well promoted spectastor event.

July 26-29, Mid Ohio Sports Car Course with the SCCAs IT Festival newly opened to spectators by the new track owners.

August 24-26, Summit Point, this is one I personally am very excited about, it is the CCS [Championship Cup Series] Motorcycle Races, Summit Points second largest spectator event of the year. There is no more dedicated road racer, or racer of any discipline, than a bike rider/racer. They have to be certified before they can get a license !

October 12-14, the Finale, once again, at the Finger Lakes of New Yorks Watkins Glen International with Historics and featuring the season end party and awards banquet.

There it is, book your rooms now !
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 11.26.11 at 9:24 AM.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Rand, if you kept Waterford Speedbowl on the schedule, I would have been there. That's the first track I raced an Atlantic car on. Seriously!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Agnif, you really shouldn't being telling the world about your disease quite so publicly.
    Anyone who'd run an Atlantic car on the Waterford Speedbowl is clearly delusional, dangerous and demented......

Liked: 96

Thanks Mike!
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

waterford . that was fun. my first atlantic was at thompson. great schedule!
    Last edited by ric baribeault; 11.24.11 at 6:35 PM.

Liked: 0

Mike and all,
    Looks like a good mix of a schedule. Will miss the WG Grand Am event, wish we had at least one big event to run at. Is the MO race really a mid week event?

John, thanks for catching that typo, I just edited and corrected the Mid Ohio dates to July 26-29.
    Grand Am's juggling their schedule moved the 6 hour weekend and they want the 6 Hour itself to be an 11am sunday start, really cutting out time for both series. They offered us the chance to take one but I really didn't want the group not chosen to hate me........

Thread Information