Thread: Scott Buralli

Liked: 0

Default Scott Buralli

Greetings,

It is my sorrowful duty to announce the passing of Mr. Scott Buralli, a lifetime S.C.C.A. member and racer of a variety of cars including, FA ,FF, CF, FST, FV, GT-2, SRF, DSR, ITE and more. He had gone racing to Buttonwillow Raceway park over the 27-29 of Oct, 2011. He was on his first lap when his car slowed and came to a complete stop, the emergency crews went out and found Scott slumped over in his seat and the EMT's were not able to revive him. It was later found he had a major cardiac episode, and died from the heart attack. Ironically Scott worked as a Physicians Assistant, specializing in cardiac surgery. He was also a Retired Career Special Forces Soldier and Officer. A true Friend and Gentleman that i had the honor of knowing personally and being called his friend. I crewed and raced with Scott for twelve (12) years, it was an honor and privledge to have done so. He will be missed by many in the sport for his generosity and zeal for teaching others about racing and the helping hand he gave many in there start in the sport, as was his "Duty" he felt. By those of us who were closest to him, we will miss that and all the rest he was, A REAL MAN'S MAN... Fair Winds and Following Seas Brother Scott......

Standing tall with a heavy heart,

Robert (Bob) Sepulveda
    VolSep Ent. (Home of the RSB23 Stinger FST)
    Ripon,Ca

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1490

I was at the PCRRC that weekend and heard a long time FF/FC guy had died in a non-accident. I met Scott when looking for an FC in 2001, when he had a VD for sale. We did some other deals for parts along the way. Sad to hear of his passing.

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default hey bob..

sorry for your loss and his friends and family..
    sounds like you had a great time with this guy over the years, but, if you had to go (and we all will at some point.. ) is there a better way???? nobody else was hurt, no accident, and he was doing what he loved to do! this story touched me... wow..
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 9

The racing community has lost another great one. Scott was among the most generous in racing. When I grenaded my engine back in 2003(my 4th race ever), he sent me a block, crank and pan...and didn't charge me a dime. The following year he invited me to take part in the 4 hour race at Buttonwillow in his SRF. In 2006 he flew me out to Thunderhill to take a few laps in his DB-4. Scott's cars were always spotless and when he was at the track, it was his time to relax and enjoy. A very giving person who truely did it from the heart. He never asked for or expected anything in return. You will be missed Scott. Thank you for your years of service to both our country and the racing community.
    Currently Without Car

Thread Information