Liked: 1432

Default Bill Valet - 2011 F1600 Champion!

WAY TO GO BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need more emoticons!!!

Congrats Bill!!! Twitter tells of an epic battle!

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Congratulations! Very deserved by a very classy team and talented driver.
    Last edited by ric baribeault; 10.17.11 at 10:51 PM.

Liked: 232

Default Well done !!!

CONGRATULATIONS --- Inaugural Champion --- William "Bill" Valet

Sounds Great -- well deserved First One on the Cup

Jason and EJ
    Last edited by Swift17; 03.06.14 at 1:06 PM.

Liked: 0

Default Great Job Bill to all

Great Job Bill..in fact great job to all involved

Take a look at the start photo 2 pg WGI21-1 That my friends is composition! Great photo ..take a look. All year even if you did not run a lot of people made it enjoyable for those of use sitting on the sidelines by sharing photos and commentary.

Mike

Liked: 23

Default Congratulations

Hats off to Bill and the entire team. Awesome season and well deserved. Sorry I was not there to congratulate you in person. Rand and crew will be proud to have you as the inaugral F1600 champion.

Liked: 679

Default Details!

Pics! Race report! We need a play-by-play!
    Congradulations to Bill and the entire team.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 3787

A great championship battle that went all the way down to the final race.

Any one of the contending teams would have made a great inaugural champion to be the first to have their name on the Dangerous Cargo Trophy. Team Valet are worthy champions, and will be great representatives of the F1600 Championship Series. They just kept digging to overcome any obstacle thrown at them. It was a close battle with only 5 points separating them from Tim Kautz. Jimmi Googlioni (formerly Jim Goughary) ended up third in points for the season. Lime Rock set backs were just too much for Tim and Jimmy to overcome.

Congratulations to Bill and his crew! Well done!

Liked: 11

Default Thanks!!

Thanks guys! What a whirlwind of a season! Ups, downs, major ups, and then a MAJOR down last night with a great racer passing away. Hopefully we'll get some video of the last race up here so you can all see what this series is about.

The F1600 series puts on a hell of a show every weekend. It simply never dissapoints. Runoffs sized fields with runoffs caliber competition every race. Thanks to the organizers of the series (Mike, Mike, Bob, etc.) for letting us play!

I wouldn't have wanted to battle down to the wire with anyone else but Tim, and likewise, wouldn't have wanted to come in 2nd to anyone else. Tim and his crew are a class act. Incredibly clean, hard racing. Congrats to Tim, Jim, Artie, Colin, and everyone for a great season.

I have to thank a few people, because without them we wouldn't be able to even say we were a part of this season. Jim Little and Harry Martin from Drivers Services put everything they had into this car over the past few years. They've tought me everything I know up until this point on how to race, how to communicate what the car is doing, and generally how not to screw up so much! (I feel getting me up to speed was a MUCH bigger effort than getting that old DB-6 sitting in a barn up to speed!)

Arnie Loyning has been building some KILLER motors over the years, and this year was no exception. I never had a single complaint about my motor all year. It ran like a top, and went like a rocket down the straight.

Thanks to Dad for supporting me all these years, always being there, always giving advice, and generally just being a great Dad.

I need to thank Hoosier for supplying an amazingly quick, amazingly consistent, and amazingly FUN tire. I never had to worry if a set of tires was going to be off. Slap set after set on ther car and the performance was always there.

Thanks to EJ Generotti for supporting Formula F and the Formula F championship series with the incredible (and incredibly heavy!) Dangerous Cargo Cup. It's really neat that the series will have a trophy with all the series champions names on it.

Alright enough rambling! Thanks again everyone and best of luck next year!

- Bill Valet
    NeDiv Swift DB-6 #83

Last edited by Purple Frog; 11.06.11 at 1:45 AM.

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I just want to thank the Generotti's for donating a seriously cool trophy. They are classy people, really care about FF racing and their love for the class is encapsulated in this amazing perennial award. It's beyond awesome that Bill's name will be the first on the trophy!

Liked: 995

Congratulations, job well done!

Congratulations Bill and the entire Valet family/team on an exciting, well-earned title. You are a most deserving inaugural series champion.

Dan

Liked: 6

Default Molto congrats bill!

Forrest is already down in Columbia starting his south America adventure, but I know he joins me in saying it was great racing with you, and everyone else. It was a fantastic time.
    I have a longer post in mind that I will do later, but for now just wanted to express our profound congratulations on a sensational accomplishment!

Last edited by Purple Frog; 11.29.11 at 10:22 AM.

Liked: 3

Default Congratulations!

Classy guy. Classy team, Classy family - Classy Result!

Well deserved. Not much else to say.

Sean

Liked: 159

Default Congratulations

I have to add my praise for Bill and his team. The pressure was mounting towards the end, and you kept it together while still making serious speed. I look forward to next season being just as strong and competitive!

Same here! Big congrats to Bill and everyone involved. I can tell you that Bill raced me VERY hard (and very clean as usual) to keep every position/point possible on Sunday.

Jim Goughary (2nd loser)

I'm a little late to the party, but as I said at the track... HUGE congrats to the Valet family and Bill really is a class act on and off the track. Great group of people and it was a pleasure finally getting to meet you all this weekend.

Default F1600 Championship

GONGRATS BILL !!!!!!!!

I must be living under a rock. I just found out the results from the Glen. You are one fast man Bill. Great to have raced with you, and your father, at the 40th. A championship that was tough, and well deserved. You must feel proud. We all feel that way for you.

Jon

Liked: 8

Default Thanks Comrade

Tom Valet,
    As you know, there is a lot of work to winding down the 2011 season. Maintenance and cleaning of everything from Car to Trailer to Race shop. All of which I have been busy addressing.

I didn't want to much time to pass before reaching out to you on a few items, mainly what a great privilege it has been to get to know you, your family and team. Over the year, when I told people that both of our teams would go out for dinner and that Tim and Bill were battling for the 2011 Series Championship. That we go out to eat and spend hours talking racing and strategy, that we would share knowledge and ideas on many racing topics and that we would race "nose to nose" the next day, well.....it simply confused them. But I wouldn't want it any differently!

Your boys (men) Bill, Dennis and TJ are wonderfully talented young men and a great addition to the track experience (too bad they are all in Law school). Dennis and TJ's ability to document the events of the weekend have made the memories last. TJ's, f2000/F1600 Coffee Table Book is one such example. Well designed and beautifully executed. It truly captures the Series. Their dedication to the Series/Racing is nothing short of impressive.

Bill's talent and ability on track has been great to watch and in the last year has developed to a new level. I hope that marriage doesn't keep him away from the track for long! He will be missed. To this point, Bill is the only person that we would ever want to loose to. He is "hands down" the best competitor "on and off" the track.

Jim Little and Harry Martin from Drivers Services, it should go without saying, have been fantastic since the day one, which goes back to the 2009 SCCA Atlanta National when Jim came over and demanded in a "kind" way that we change the Aerosmith CD we were playing on continuous loop. I guess 4 hours of "Back in the Saddle" is a little harsh when played before noon. Their humor, dedication, knowledge and comradery is what racing is about.

Thank You! Its was truly a great year of racing/drinking for us and we are glad to have been included in your family.

Paul Descoteaux
    Kautz Racing
    www.kautzracing.com

Liked: 157

Paul,

I hate to break the news to you but the real reason we hang around you guys is not because we like you but only so we can be near the "calendar girls."

As for the rest of what you said, right back at ya bud!

Have a great off-season, hope to see you guys soon.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Valet; 11.05.11 at 8:34 AM.

Liked: 1

Default congrates

good job Tom , being fast is important being conseistant is important ,this year was big learning curve for us (never uesd slicks) ,i think we learned alot hopefully next year we can run with you guys best of luck next year, Caitlin

Thread Information