Liked: 0

Ok All,

Another long shot question, does anyone out there remember the Crossle importer for Canada? Was there an importer for Canada? I'm still hunting down the history of my 35F. It apears from my research today, my 35F started on the eastern side of Canada before finding its way across the border.

If anyone has information, please drop me a note.

Thanks,
    Craig

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Try contacting Crossle directly. They are extremely helpful and I am sure they would be able to provide you with the early details of your car - even if you have not yet compiled everything that has happened since its initial delivery.

You can find the Crossle website through any number of search engines.

Good Luck.
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Jonathan,

Thanks for the note back. I did have a great discussion with Arnie at Crossle today. Also with Neil Porter. Both have been very helpful.

The missing link is the time between the car going from the Crossle factory into Canada. I'm in the process of trying to located the chassis tag ID#. During the cars life, it appears the dash was replaced and the tag failed to be added to the replacement dash.

Most likely the car was shipped into Canada and had the rear section of the frame modified and raced in Canada. I'm trying to locate anyone in Eastern Canada that may have sold a disassembled 35F to California FF driver Keith Nunes in the early 90's. Or, maybe someone remebers a person that did the frame modifcations. After Nunes purchased the car, Nunes had it delivered to Porter, then assembled and sold to Ed Campos, then on to Rob Fair and then to finally to me.

I'm sure that someone may have a recollection of this car in Canada and maybe would have log books from Canada or even a bill of sale from the beginning. I know it is a long shot, but the FF community is pretty tight.

I apreciate everyones help.

Craig

Wait until Brian Graham gets home from the runoffs, if he can't help you are probably sunk.
    Like a roll of toilet paper,
    life goes faster as you near the end.

Liked: 160

There were many Crossle's in Ontario during the late 70's and early 80's. If it was an Ontario car, Bob McCallum (Toronto area) is probably the one that could help you trace the history of the car. Are you sure it is a Crossle? It may be a Canadian copy called a Pulsar. They are very similar.

Bob raced Fords for many years and if it is a Crossle, he may have done the frame modifications, if it is a Pulsar I believe he built it. Try CASC (www.casc.on.ca), Ontario's governing body, they should be able to put you in touch with Bob.

David,

Thanks for the note. I was able to obtain a phone number for Bob from the CASC. I still remember Paul Tracy racing one of Bob's cars in 1985. We'll see what happens. The frame is a Crossle 35F frame, I discussed this situation with Arnie at Crossle. We're confident the frame is a 35.

I've only seen a two Pulsars over the years. If you put a Crossle chassis next to a Pulsar, you'll see the subtle differences.

Thanks for the help! Maybe I'm getting closer ....

Craig

[size="1"][ September 17, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: CHibbard ][/size]

Liked: 123

I'm seeing a guy this weekend who raced a Crossle 35 back in the day, and raced in England on the Crossle factory team for a while. He raced in eastern Canada (Ontario), so may have some recollection of this.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for asking around.

Craig

Liked: 7

Bob Roy (Equipe le volant/Raven) was the importer for the Crossle in Quebec. He had quite a few of them. I can give you his phone number if you want.
    J-Guy

Comp89,

Yes, I would like to talk with him. Thank you.

Craig

Liked: 7

Do you have an email address? or email me off line comp89@yahoo.com
    J-Guy

Liked: 123

Don remembered the car, he thought that the mod was to the rear bulkhead to allow the upper cross-link to be removed so that the gearbox could be taken out more easily.

No name for sure, but he thought that the guy was the same guy who built the Tsunami cars, Robert McCallum.

Thanks, Brian.

I spoke to Bob this past Friday! It turns out that I do have one of the three Crossle 35F's that Bob did the rear-frame modifcation on. Bob alos discussed the (8) Pulsars that he fabricated as well. Very interesting story. I really appreciate everyones help.

Craig

Liked: 229

The Crossle importer for Canada was Cherokee Industries, they were located in Concord Ontario. It was owned and operated by Ron Stott, he passed away several years ago. The year the 35F was in production was either the last year of Ron's dealership or the first of Colin Hine Racing.He was the dealer for Crossle in the early 80's. Hine was also the Van Diemen dealer. Bob Roy was the next dealer to import a car and it wasn't until the 65F was out. Bob did have a large collection of 30 and 40 series cars at one time for his racing school at Sanair. There were quite a few 35F's hare at one time but most of them ended up going states side. I sold my 45F to someone in California, my dad's 25/35F to Columbus Ohio, a friends 32F went to Las Vegas! When Bob Mcallum built his Pulsars, he incorporated the removable rear bulkhead and several crossle owners copied his lead. The deals I made in the US were all assisted by Jim Morsch from Continental Motorsports. If you have not talked to him yet give him a shout. I still have programs from that time period and will look to see just who had what. Do you have any log book with the car? When you said the front roll bar was not original, it by chance didn't come to a point instead of a one radius? Keep us posted on your search, Brian.

Thread Information