Thread: ARRC, Nov 7-9

Liked: 553

I know it's early, but I'd like to start hyping the ARRC event to be held at Road Atlanta Nov 7-9. It's a very fun event for regional racers, but our group (open wheel and sports racers) has always been thin. Club Ford has had decent showings, but more would be better. I've noticed that the CF guys are great about agreeing on tire compounds for the event. That's the spirit! Put it on your calendar and we'll do our best to show you a great time.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 605

will probably pass on the ARRC again this year because the $ is going to the three more races between now and the end of the season [just raced over labor day too] and also the new-to-me 94 VanDieman FC is going to drain the last few $ left over. i'm got go to the ARRC one of these years just to get the faint boo/hiss sounds out of my ears...not going to sell the crossle 32f so it might happen

Liked: 280

Just got through making the convoluted travel arrangements necessary to get me back from the SEMA show in time to qualify on Friday. All summer long I have been talking up the ARRC and it looks like some of my fellow NARRC series competitors may be joining us at Atlanta in November.
    I have a fresh set (2 heat cycles) of Hoosier R60's and a new motor on the way, so I will be ready to try and get a little closer to Mr. Robertson, Brooks, Velden and Hammette. These guys are very quick and if you can run with them, you can run with anyone.

I hope that Marc Blanc recovers soon and gets the Crossle back together and comes down to join us. The same for Wes Allen and the Merlyn. I hope that some of the other EWC guys give it a try also. See you there.

Liked: 553

Joe, glad to hear you'll return. It is a great event isn't it? I remember hearing details about your convoluted logistics last year. You obviously enjoy the ARRC to go to so much hassle to attend. Are you going for the "travelled the furthest to attend" trophy? I don't think they add up multiple cross contry trips, but it's worth a shot. . We look forward to a bunch of Lime Rock racers coming down. I suppose there's even the odd chance that the club fords you bring will be returning to Road Atlanta again, perhaps from the days when the Runoffs were in the southeast.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 280

Hi Russ,

I just came back from Detroit to discover that the convoluted arrangements just took another twist. It seems that due to schedule cutbacks I will not be arriving in Atlanta until 5:30 AM on Friday morning! I hope Delta has really good pillows and blankets? So I am not going for the "furthest distance traveled" award, but rather the "travel itinerary calculated to leave you at less than your best" award. Hopefully one of you guys will have some ice cold water for me to dunk my head in before we go out for qualifying. See you there.

Thread Information