Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lime Rock 2011

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

if anyone thinks the shirt needs work, you should see the shoes. the secret sauce is probably CL

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

On the topic of shoes Ric, I really dug your race booties... I thought maybe you packed the wrong shoes because you were confused and mixed up LRP race weekend with the NW Connecticut racquetball regional playdowns?

Liked: 10

Default Wagon

I told the kid the next time you come to watch this bunch race, you better bring a bigger wagon!!!!

Liked: 19

What a crappy ass weekend stem to stearn

First the track messes up my deli platter at the autograph signing, so I have no choice but to walk out on it - leaving several of Fast Matts biggest fans scrambling on Ebay for memorabilia.....

Second I somehow contracted flu like symtoms and spend the weekend tired, dizzy and coughing... (twice during my 50.5 lap I didn't know where I was and lifted - once I was actually two weels off in the grass) - probably all the ladies and babies I kissed... They all say they are clean but you never know I guess..

Third - some nitwit hands me a file and a washer and tells me to make the hole bigger.... WTF - manual work?

Fourth - no thanks from anyone on being the best color man in the business for F2000... Monty said thanks - but his opinion is crap

Fifth and final... The video guy didn't show up.... Monty says he stiffed us... and that goes back to reason number 4 and Monty....

A free piece of advice for everyone who now has 12 races under their belt... If you haven't improved a time after 4 laps - you need to pit and change something....anything.... If you need 10-11 straight laps this deep into the season, you have not learned anything about your car - how to drive - and what it's telling you. Take some frikkin wing out and live a little! For the love of St Peter you people make me crazy with the driving around for fun.....(not directed at the really old guys, cuz thats just what you do....I know)

Lastly...... It's pro racing people..... 2/3rds of what I watched was crap.... Amateur hour at the Golden Banana (google it). The show and the aftermath of it sucked.

Default Golden Banana

Matt:
    Did you stop at the Golden Banana on the way down to Lime Rock. That would probably explain the Flu like symptoms.

Jimmy

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
    Fifth and final... The video guy didn't show up.... Monty says he stiffed us... and that goes back to reason number 4 and Monty....
    No, he was there. And he's not a "video guy." He's just a guy who has a camera. A guy who, due to family concerns, almost never gets any time to himself, almost none for the last few years. When he finally got a free weekend, he chose to come to an F2000 weekend, and asked for permission to shoot some video with the camera he just bought specifically for the event. That snowballed somehow into Monty wanting him to shoot driver interviews and all of this other stuff. The gentleman in question was understandably not interested in being on the clock huffing the camera around all weekend, and thus never came forward. If you knew even a fraction of the details about which I am being intentionally vague, you wouldn't say things like that, especially since he will be reading this, and your comment will make him feel bad.

I had/have no idea who it was - or why it wasn't happening........ I just pulled the pin on my thoughts and threw it (as I often do).... We did an excellent deal last year with interviews - some very good stuff with people and it got buried somehow...(I still hope the Rob St Clair one sees the light of day...). I blame Monty anyway and he knows that....... Besides - I'd use anybody taping to throw in front of the punch coming at me..... So it was probably a good thing.... Take no offense at my ramblings please....

Jim - I went to the dive across the way - The Caberet..... They don't wash the cocktail glasses there.... Just dump it out and pour a new one.....

Liked: 12

Third - some nitwit hands me a file and a washer and tells me to make the hole bigger.... WTF - manual work?
    I've explained to Steve that you have no experience making holes bigger, so he won't ask you again.

Fourth - no thanks from anyone on being the best color man in the business for F2000... Monty said thanks - but his opinion is crap
    Let me be the first to thank you...nice job! (Of course I was on the balcony at the top of the tower, and couldn't hear your commentary, but I could see your lips move occasionally.)

Nathan

Liked: 9

I'll never understand the effete snobs who insist on 'glassware' in these establishments. What is wrong with those little plastic urine cups?

Anyway, Matt. your advice on making changes in hopes of finding more speed is well noted. We are a little gun shy in that area. Too easy to make multiple and often wrong changes in sprint cars and midgets - and we did it often. We did have some mechanical stuff we had to keep fixing as you know at LRP, but we will look at more experimentation at WGI I think.

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by nulrich View Post
    Let me be the first to thank you...nice job! (Of course I was on the balcony at the top of the tower, and couldn't hear your commentary, but I could see your lips move occasionally.)

Nathan

He was reading...

Kidding aside, good job on the comentary, Matt. It was nice to see you at the track.

Too bad you turn into such a grumpy old man when you go online!
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Oh and while I'm at it.......

It's time to get rid of the point "drop" system...... People are going to contact less if they know they cannot "drop" their worst finish.... You get what you get and you don't get upset........ Works for my kids!

Liked: 14

for once Matt and I are in complete agreement. No drops !
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Another question fpor our annual participant survey due out at or before Watkins Glen next month.
    We DO listen to our constituents wishes and opinions.
    Not to say we agree or always do what any minority requests, but we do listen.

Liked: 91

People are going to contact less if they know they cannot "drop" their worst finish....
    Yeah, like if you stuff it in Warm-Up at the season finale. Deal with it, or just steal your teammates cars...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

It's often hard to comprehend how deep the bond between Matt and Cole.

Liked: 91

It's deep, and dark, and very dank.

Default Bloodbath

I have ran 3 Pro races so far and there seems to be one reoccurring theme "Carnage".
    Is it just me or am I on to something.

Default I do's..........

I sense a change in Cole........ I think we all do.
    Castration recovery is long slow process... I think most of us know that. In the meantime we will all have to deal with his acting out...... I'm fine with being his main target if it helps quicken his recovery.....

Cole see if you can go off leash for a few days to SEMA.... We'll get you a ride in the Cole Morgan dream machine and things will be better..... From there maybe you can go to sebring - maybe be a flagger at the winter nationals.... You'll be back in a car in 10-11 years I'm sure of it

Oh - and if Kevin agrees with me - maybe I have reached an overly grumpy state of mind....

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default @Purple Frog ('73 Mercedes 430). ??

Nice Merc, but it can't be a 430 pre 99 or so. I'm curious. It could be 280SE 4.5 or 280SEL 4.5 if it's a mild stretch. I can't see that it's a lwb from the angle. There was a 300SE 6.3 near me in the 70's, that would be a rare sight, although it wouldn't look much different than this one.

Cheers,
    Wayne

Contributing Member

280SE or 280SEL?

Sorry, forgot to measure the wheelbase.

Contributing Member

No apologies neccesary. They paste it in bold letters on the trunklid for the more observant, Same applies to Engine displacement, you didn't pull a plug and cc the volume right? I was thinking it may have been yours, since you had the one answer. My bad.

Ha, good point. No, not mine. I was at the track, I just remember it being a 4.5, forgot the rest.

Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by jimh3063 View Post
    I have ran 3 Pro races so far and there seems to be one reoccurring theme "Carnage".
    Is it just me or am I on to something.
    I think I aspire to race with you guys... but it sure seems like a lot of wrecks. Whats up with that?

Maybe the point system should subtract points for causing damage.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 142

Quote Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
    I think I aspire to race with you guys... but it sure seems like a lot of wrecks. Whats up with that?

Maybe the point system should subtract points for causing damage.
    usually we play a little nicer than that. I think everyone was just full of piss and vinegar after the long gap between races.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Default Weekend notebook

•The Series is sending a personalized, hand-signed Thank You card to 2006 Champion Matt “Fast-Matt” McDonough for helping on in the public address booth at Lime Rock. It is unclear who may have to pay the FCC fine.

What did I do.... only one F-bomb..... That chic at the superbowel gets her top pulled off - but I'm not allowed to say an F-Bomb - the race wasn't even on TV! A state trooper maced one of the NUTTYCAR guys after race 2 - he tied combinations of profanity together I've never heard....Plus all the kids standing around...

OK - I didn't really really drop an F-bomb on the PA system...... I expect the card will not show up in the mail - and this is just a PR stunt by Monty to smooth things over with my fan base..... But thats fine..... Wait until I find the time to write an article for the series site.... I bet that won't see the light of day....

Liked: 3787

Ironman Wright. Bob Wright has not missed any F2000 CS race as a competitor.

He garnered a Master's victory last weekend.

Last edited by Purple Frog; 10.14.11 at 10:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information