Liked: 0

For Sale Vintage Formula Vee

I have for sale Stan Townes vintage formula vee "The Sting". Built in 1977 this is a custom built car built by Stan to compete in SSCA racing. Car has won races from Riverside to Brainerd. It is in need of a minor restoration which I have already started. Purchased as a roller I now have an Autowerks engine, short and longbox and many extra parts. Includes body molds. I have the logbook and all documentation on the car with volumes of race and setup notes, pictures and magazine articles. This was a very well known car in it`s time and won a lot of races. Located in So. Cal. For more info and pic`s pm me or email tpcmoto@att.net. This car needs to be raced again. There are some vintage race pic`s on the internet - google "stan townes sting formula vee" to see the car. $6500.00
    Last edited by 303racing; 04.10.11 at 2:05 PM. Reason: change

Liked: 190

Tim,

Hope to see the Sting back on the track again.
    Two things, one minor and one major.

Minor thing first, the Sting is not Monoposto legal vintage. However, many vintage groups seem to be bending the rules to allow newer cars.

Now the biggie:

All classified ads must have a price. You've got a 24 hour grace period and then your post will come down if it is not priced. These are the rules.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Price

My bad - price is listed above. I do know VARA in So. Cal does allow it to run in the FV2 class. As you stated other organizations are allowing newer cars to run vintage in a different class.

Default Change of heart

Looks like I`m going to keep it -

For Sale Back on the market

Unfortunately The Sting has to be sold. Tried every angle to keep it but I have to let it go. Have lots of pic`s and all the info you`ll need. Price is still $6500 but I am open to reasonable offers. 714-227-8087 Tim

It has been suggested to me that it may not be VARA legal. Could still run but not for points. If you were to look at all the protests that were posted against the car back in the day (which I have for SCCA) it has always caused a stir with the other drivers, mainly because it won a lot of races! Stan was able to prove them wrong. Even if it wasn`t legal to run for points I`m sure it would be allowed to race.

Price change - $5700 takes everything. Need to sell asap
    Last edited by 303racing; 08.23.11 at 2:15 PM.

Default Sting

Car has been sold

Thread Information