Thread: Bead Seat

Liked: 0

Default Bead Seat

Hey guys,

I need items to make a bead seat for the Runoffs. This give me about 1 week to have the items at Road America on September 16th. I have talked to some people but wanted to get an idea of who you were using. I'd like to get the full kit along with the nomex or similar material to cover with. Im not willing to spend more than $200 and would need the small. Also willing to utilize any sponsorship opportunities at the Runoffs in return.

Please give me your thoughts.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 10

Contact Jody Seidler. He makes a beautiful seat. mailto:jody@jmb-assoc.com
    Dale Carter
    2003 VanDiemen FE #29
    Life is Good

Default Seats

Dale, I agree he makes a beautiful seat. He made one for me earlier this year and he made sure that it fit our car perfectly. The feel of this seat is non-comparable to anything else you will get on the market. They really put the time in!

Jody phone number is 414-313-3414, he will come to you and make it at the track or come to your place of business.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default You guys miss a zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Inge View Post
    Hey guys,

I need items to make a bead seat for the Runoffs. This give me about 1 week to have the items at Road America on September 16th. I have talked to some people but wanted to get an idea of who you were using. I'd like to get the full kit along with the nomex or similar material to cover with. Im not willing to spend more than $200 and would need the small. Also willing to utilize any sponsorship opportunities at the Runoffs in return.

Please give me your thoughts.
    $200 ain't gonna get you much, unfortunately...

I may be sitting on some towels and styrofoam.
    Last edited by Matthew Inge; 09.09.11 at 2:20 PM.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 1

garbage bag=50 cents part a and part b foam=20 dollars from body shop supply store.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Default Bead Seat

I was in the same boat looking for a suppiler. Found one, I just don't know what to do with it when I get it. I read that these guys get or supply most auto manufacturer's with fire retartand material. I got a quote under $175.00 for a Kit. You'll have to source your own Nomex material. Let me know what you come up with. I was going to go with this much discussed R. Pare approach to the Seat, but I don't have any Aluminim panels on the sides of the Seat Area. I will be looking into the best approach to that. Once somone gets a plan, how about doing a youtube video for DIY Bead seats? Here's where I'm getting the kit from.
    http://www.baldspotsports.com/produc...afoam_seatkits
    Cheers,
    Wayne

71 March 719 VFF (2010 Monoposto Classic Champion)
    74 Hawke DL12 CFF (ex- Keith Averill)
    Last edited by Wayne Lee; 09.15.11 at 2:25 PM. Reason: Price didn't get entered (Typo)

Thread Information