Liked: 27

Default What you can do in a FM this summer

Just a FYI message. There are some folks pushing formula car racing to wider audience.

This is our schedule for the next 6 weeks in a FM

August 23-27 2 races during the IRL weekend at Infineon Raceway. Sunday's race is 2 races before the Indy car race. 23 FMs entered Sweeetttt!!!!

September 8-10 3 races in 3 days with a 40 minute National Championship race at Mid Ohio during the NASA Championship weekend. Mazda pays $4500 to win...Thank you Mazda

September 19-25 SCCA Runoffs.. Mazda pays, Goodyear pays, Redline pays, Hawk pays, TRE pays and all of the other great sponsors pay. What else is there to say about this one....Epic comes to mind. 600+ racers in 26 different classes, friends from all over the country and some of the best road racers any where in the world at one event....You could say I love this race

Tired of cars that will not take a little abuse. Cars and parts that go obsolete each year. Classes where only fresh motors win. Then take a look at the FM again. There are no plans to change this car for a long time to come.

Whew!!! Formula Mazdas are having the most fun!!!! Ok NO cheap shots at my beloved race car....Oh what the hell, fire away...these things are a blast..

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

How many FM's are expected for the NASA championships?

Chris

good question...we are bringing 5 or 6 from Texas. Jason's guys will be there(3 or 4?). Don't know if anyone is coming from Cali. Then there is Bruce's guys (3 or 4?). And then any number of others from the area. 7 times on the track in 4 days is pretty cool. So we will see.

Liked: 3

Hey Darryl,
    I'm working with NASA to get our paperwork in order so we can get our Mazda in the field from Ontario, Canada.
    John B.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Wow, I didn't even know there was a place for a FM in NASA, now you're tellin' me it pays 45 hun' to win!!

Man I'm so out of the loop, it's 'barrasin'.

Gotta say it appears you are spot-on about the field sizes and the fun factor you rotards have been building the last few years.

I miss the days of running for 45 minutes in a Star Mazda Pro race in an FM, but it looks like they are back!

Especially at a place like Infineon, with a CROWD like Infineon, with 3 or 4 other guys on your tenth for the whole race, for basically the cost of tires and fuel.

Nicely done y'all.

Crap - I'm starting to talk myself back in...

PS I know you weren't talkin about FB needin' fresh motors to win

Default Bro'

Not disrepecting any class. Man, I race the ugly duckling of the group. Just saying..If the shoe fits, then..... Actually, buddy I was referring to an observation I made years ago about FC. We had 4 guys in our division that would swap wins every race. Out of curiosity I would ask the winner "New Motor?" without exception the answer was "Yes"...interesting. Not saying anything bad, just that is the way it was. In contrast, I was under or out right set track records this year at Sebring, VIR, Texas World Speedway and Motorsports Ranch Houston with a motor in it's third season.

Liked: 49

Default FM in the Northeast

Darryl, Think you can get some FMs in the Northeast? I ran 3 times at New Hampshire and once at Lime Rock and all 4 times I was the only FM. Help, I need some competitiors to make me better

Classifieds Super License Raceworks's Avatar
    Liked: 215

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Wills View Post
    Not disrepecting any class. Man, I race the ugly duckling of the group. Just saying..If the shoe fits, then..... Actually, buddy I was referring to an observation I made years ago about FC. We had 4 guys in our division that would swap wins every race. Out of curiosity I would ask the winner "New Motor?" without exception the answer was "Yes"...interesting. Not saying anything bad, just that is the way it was. In contrast, I was under or out right set track records this year at Sebring, VIR, Texas World Speedway and Motorsports Ranch Houston with a motor in it's third season.
    I've had a similar experience: although with fewer wins/track records (but that's not the motor's fault).
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

Default My suggestion would be

to make the pull to as many Southeast FCC races you can. Bruce promotes his series and gets cars to come to his races. All of the races are SCCA Nationals or Regionals and take place at some pretty cool events. The quickest way to get a class to grow is to have a dealer that makes money from promoting the cars.

Liked: 42

Default FUN

nobodys having more fun!

Thread Information