Liked: 0

Hello. I raced IMSA and SCCA years ago and am interested in doing so again, in a Club Ford. Before I go too far, how much are entry fees in various events? Are there spec tires? Thanks for all help.

The Gentleman Sawyer

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Regional entry fees here in the NE are $170-200. Single day event at LRP can be $200 while the great "Fun One" double at WGI in September is $180 - a great value. The "Cheap Date" Regional in early September at NHIS is something like $170 (?) and other double Regionals can be say, $170 for the first day and add $60 for the second day.
    Spec tires are required in NARRC Club Ford here but those rules vary from Region to Region. Suggest you call your local Region and have them connect you with folks that run down your way.

Contributing Member

In the SE, a single SARRC race is typically $150.00 and double SARRC's tend to vary. The entry fees that I remember from last year for the double SARRC's were:

Roebling Road - $250
    Daytona - $235
    Road Atlanta - $300

There is a spec-tire for CF in the SARRC series. It is the Hoosier R60 and they cost around $550 a set.

There is renewed interest in CF in the SE this year. There are three new drivers and it looks like by the last half of the year, we could potentially have fields of 10 or more CF's. Let us know if you need any further help.

I stopped running Club Ford because tire costs and very short track sessions made it too expensive for the fun. Heat cycles are the same for a ten minute session as they would be for thirty minutes. If you wanted to be competitive, you had to buy a 640.00 set at least every two weekends, and the last couple of weekends I ran, we got less than a full hour of track time in open wheel group. Now with the 550.00 set of R60 Hoosiers required in the SE, and the ability to run the whole season on two or LESS sets...........and my daughter out of college.........Old Yeller may come back.

Kurt Wullenweber

Contributing Member

Kurt: I keep hoping that the fast guys from the past would return to their roots. It would be great to see you racing again. It appears that Tom is going to retire racing that Alpha. What a group that would be to have the "fast" guys from the past back racing again. Everytime it seems that we're getting old I just remember Harvey Templeton was in his early 70's and still racing his FF.

Ahhh, wasn't Harvy fun! Do you recall his rear springs, and his later suspension mods? Here was a guy who went racing, for the first time, with his first social security check.
    RJC San Diego,Ca

Thread Information