Liked: 0

Default Formula Vee Festival 2011, LRP July 2

Formula Vee Festival, 2011

Lime Rock Park, July 2nd, 2011

This will be a 1 day Regional Event for $270

Last year drivers went home with over $3500 in awards. This year should be no different with every driver getting at least 1 or 2 items from the Raffle Style Drawing. Lunch will be supplied. This is always one of the best attended events of the year. Please come and have some fun. If you have any questions please contact Dick Stewart at Stewurtco@aol.com

Sponsors this year include Autowerks, Vee Sport Racing, Hoosier Racing Tires, FVRentals, Lime Rock Park, Lybarger Racing, Womer Racing, SRacing, Driving Impressions and more!

Photo of FV Fest 2007 gleaned from the web:
    FV Lynx/B #8

So far, seven FVs and one F500 in Race Group 3 for VeeFest. C'mon, boys, let's rock. We've got a great raffle lined up and good food, too.

*update*
    7 registered, two more said that they are def. coming, so 9 FVs as of 6/21.
    Last edited by Halifax; 06.21.11 at 7:43 AM.
    FV Lynx/B #8

15 FVs now signed up for VeeFest and the David Riggi Memorial Race.

More raffle sponsors lined up, too: Lime Rock Park, The LRP Store, Racer Parts Wholesale, Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies, SafeRacer, and HMS Motorsports.

Deli-style lunch is coming from LaBonne's Market and cookies from Sweet Williams in Salisbury.

Forecast is sunny with temps reaching the low 80's by mid-afternoon.
    FV Lynx/B #8

Liked: 20

Good luck to all you guys be safe and have fun

Mark
    Mark Filip

Liked: 22

Default Veefest 2011

Veefest 2011, 7/2/2011 great racing, amazing weather.

Results
    1st Dick Stewart
    2nd Colin Lawrence
    3rd Dan Grace Jr

Thanks to all the sponsors, great raffle every racer walked away with a prize.
    (please jump on the thread and list all the sponsors I do not have a complete list)

I won a killer custom steering wheel, made by Baringer Motorsports http://www.baringermotorsports.com, looking to lose a little weight get one of these! Aluminum center ring with some high tech composite outer, amazingly light non-slip in dry and wet conditions!! They can design one to your specs!!!

A few pictures can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2426725...7627104959144/

Last edited by veefan; 07.03.11 at 9:30 AM.

Nice pics, John!

A great race day and VeeFest. The Dave Riggi Memorial Race was exciting and clean. The front three pulled away with lots of position swapping. I pretty much did solo parade laps to a 4th place finish. Everyone in the mid-pack said that they had lots of dicing throughout the race. Lots of smiles all around.

Dave's 14-year-old son and his mom, dad, and sister came for the festivities; they remain part of SCCA Club Racing and the FV community. This really is a special class.

Many thanks to our fine sponsors:

Autowerks, Vee Sport Racing, Hoosier Racing Tires, FVRentals, Lime Rock Park, Lybarger Racing, Womer Racing, SRacing, China Consortium, Driving Impressions, The LRP Store, Racer Parts Wholesale, Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies, and HMS Motorsports.

Feature race winner won $50, the donation bucket overage from lunch costs.

FV Lynx/B #8

Liked: 4

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]Great pictures John.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Thank you to everyone involved in putting together Veefest. This is our first year and we enjoyed every minute. My son is having a blast racing in this class. Just a great group of racers. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]The race was excellent with lead changes almost every lap. Unfortunately I didn't bring my video camera but hopefully someone captured it. Mid pack racing was great as well.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Congratulations to Dick for hard earned victory.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Dave Reynolds

Still from vid..
    FV Lynx/B #8

Liked: 22

Default Veefest

I saw a few pro photographers around the track this past weekend at Limerock, anyone selling professional track shots or know who I can contact.

Thanks

Default in car footage...

for anyone interested in footage from the race, i do have some in car footage at this site:http://www.facebook.com/pages/irace4...476391?sk=wall

hopefully that will get you there...

GREAT vids! Thanks!
    FV Lynx/B #8

Thread Information