Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Liked: 53

Not trying to be a purist but wouldn't that car be consider a piece of formula vee history and better left alone? Plus wouldn't the cost be a little high? The cost for the car coupled with the conversion cost would be closing in on $30,000.
    JMHO

G.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Liked: 3

Not after you sell off the Vee bits. At that price it would be just as cost effective to buy a new kit and put one together.

Dave

Liked: 190

Default Vortech FST

I'd agree with Dave, these cars really have minimal historic value. The typical monoposto legal FV with serious history seem to carry the the same value as newly build "vintage" Lynx B with zero history (not a huge amount for either).

People will want Brad's car for the high quality of the components in the car, not it's past history.

It's doubtful anyone would buy this for conversion (although, if done, some in the FV world would see such an act as being the opening of the seventh seal ) mostly because there are much better deals out there.

It will be interesting to see if/how fast Brad's car sells. A car of that caliber certainly qualifies to fit into the "no excuses" catagory and you will not come anywhere close to building a new one with the quality of VW componentry bolted into it for anywhere close to that price.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 1417

It will definitely be interesting to see if and to whom it sells. At that price point, a FST would be silly, and you're also looking right into a second tier used FF, FM or FC, and some ballistic fast converted FBs. That's a lot of FV for the buck, no doubt, though still a car made up of vintage VW parts.

Wicked car, nonetheless. Wish I was in the market for a car way over my head.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

This really was a joke but now that I think about it, I could just sell the famous engine for $10,000, the famous transmission for $5000, the famous beam for $3000 and the famous, ultra-desirable, practically unattainable straight rims for $1000 a piece. If I could get $500 a piece for the famous cooling scoops, I'd only in it for $2000. Maybe I could get $1000 a piece for the famous mirrors and break even.

Well, at least that's how I would justify it to my wife!

Liked: 53

Yeah what Bob said..... part it out for a profit!

G.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Liked: 190

Ya know, somebody with a little photoshop skills could do a conversion for a whole lot less. All it would take is two photos with cars in a similar pose. Too bad I don't have any photos.............
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.27.13 at 3:32 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Thread Information