Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Seen my old Lola 342?

Anyone seen my old Lola 342? It had a front mounted radiator and exposed water pipes on the outside of the lower body panels, a sturdy "X" brace from roll hoop to back of the chassis and had been strengthened by Pat prince. I sold it to someone named Paterson or Peterson in about 1996. I believe his son raced it in the northeast for a few years. Curious as to whether it is still around. Thanks.

Liked: 13

Hello John Merriman, Your Lola went to Bill Pedersen III. Bill then prepped the Lola for his son, Bill IV. They put on a Mondale body along with side radiators, extended the roll bar and increased the diameter of the roll-bar to 1 1/2 inches. Bill IV did very well with the Lola and sold it to Andrew Graham, who later became the FRCCA chief Instructor, Grahm sold the Lola to Jeff Zeller who owns it to this day. The Lola has always been competitive. But then ANY chassis that is legal for the FRCCA and is well maintained stays competitive. I guess that is one of the advantages of the rules being so strict.
    I have not figured out how to insert an image, as soon as I do I will post,
    it still looks good!

Default Thanks Clyde

Thanks for the info on my old car - which was remarkable in many ways. In particular, of the six Club Fords I owned, it handled the best and gave the most feedback - you could really feel how much it was gripping the road and so it was a real "confidence builder". Three other people took SCCA schools in it and all of them remarked on how stable it felt and how it let them get on with increasing speed through the corners as the school weekend progressed and always feel like the car would stay on the line. I miss that car!!

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 15

Hi John I raced your old car for about 6 years before selling it to Jeff Zeller
    however I still get to see it every day as it lives in my garage, looks a lot
    different now! you can see it on the FRCCA web site, go to the photo gallery
    scroll down to pocono 10/11/09 it's # 28 red white & blue.
    she was a great handling car and she still going strong

Default Lola latest looks

John,
    The instruction tell me the picture of your Lola in its current stage is attached.

Attachment 24892

Liked: 1

Are you sure you have the right car?

There is a red over black lola 342 in the South Island of NZ with front mounted radiator and same nose as in your first pics. It looks exactly the same....

It is ex-USA, and jumps over rear tyres of t340's quite nicely...yes, one of our t340's :P

Liked: 5

John I have the logbooks and car HU 165 with your name all through them, man what a track hog.

Default how can that be?

This is a bit odd, eh? Send a picture along to me if you would. Or post it here.
    John M. johnm63 AT gmail.com
    Thx

John; Sorry about he misleading thought about your old Lola; Buddy (Club Fords Founder) straightened me out; seems as though the Lola I thought was yours started out in the FRCCA as Bill Dambroso's Lola, he wrecked at Flemington, NJ. The Lola was repaired and Bill let Tomm Miglicco use the racecar at Bridgehampton where Tomm wrecked and that is when Bill Pedersen bought the Lola. From that point on the history is correct BUT it was NOT your Lola.

I do believe this is your old car, seen at Teretonga Raceway in Invercargill New Zealand

Flickr pic

Flicker pic 2

Thread Information