Liked: 4

Default weber 32/36 fuel sloshing

I see numerous comments on other sites about fuel sloshing around and running lean or flooding. The GCR allows surge tubes either internal of external, but I can find nothing about how to install them or possible internal dams. anyone have any details, photos, or a site reference. do they work, or is this even a problem? Engine is a kent 1600 with DGV carb Thanks Bernie

Liked: 309

Default Dump Tubes...

[FONT=Verdana]I believe what you are referring to are commonly called "dump tubes". Chapter 13 “Carburetor & Fuel Systems” of “How to Build and Maintain Competitive (yet legal) Formula Ford 1600 Engines” has the detailed information / photos.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I would also add to call an engine builder as they would likely have a carb "on the shelf" ready to go if needed or provide guidance on how to proceed.[/FONT]
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 73

Default weber 32/36 fuel sloshing

Been down this road before. My advice is call Sandy (Quicksilver) or Jay (Ivey). Send them the carb. They can fix it and you can get on about racing. Really no need to waste track time trying to figure out carb problems. I recently had a carb that had a MAJOR stumble. I checked everything I knew and it was still there after three races. Spent a very reasonable amount of money with Sandy and (presto) throttle response is excellent!

Now I can spend more time setting up the car and driving.

Had the same thing happen many years ago while racing FF in Canada. Called Jay sent hime carb, got it back. Presto again.

Track time is expensive and small. Use it driving not solving carb problems.

Aaron

Thread Information