Thread: Mosport Pro

Liked: 111

Default Mosport Pro

Don't forget your passports! Be sure you have whatever identity papers you are going to use when we go over the border. Just an early heads up.

JL

From http://www.canadawelcomesyou.net/faq.html:

Q. What identification do I need to cross the border?
    A. Travel by Air: Beginning January 23, 2007, All persons, including U.S. Citizens, travelling by air between the United States and Canada (including in transit passengers who are transferring planes in the U.S.) will be required to present a valid passport or Air NEXUS card or return to the U.S. Travel by Land and Sea: Visitors can continue to use such documents as their birth certificates and drivers' licences to cross the Canada-U.S. border by land and sea (including ferries) for at least another year.
    American visitors may be asked to verify their citizenship with such documents as a passport or a birth certificate. Naturalised U.S. citizens should carry a naturalisation certificate. Permanent U.S. residents who are not citizens are advised to bring their Alien Registration Receipt Card (Green Card).
    Travellers under the age of 18 and unaccompanied by a parent need a letter of permission to travel in Canada from a parent or guardian. If you are travelling with children, you should carry identification for each child. Divorced parents who share custody of their children should carry copies of the legal custody documents.
    For more information visit the US Department of State at www.travel.state.gov or the Canadian Border Services Agency(www.cbsa.gc.ca).

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

The documentation required to get back into the USA is more restrictive than into Canada. Passports, Green Cards, (or enhanced drivers licenses) are required.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 8

Two things. I don't know much about border crossing, BUT I do know that if you are taking your trailer over the border, everything in the trailer needs to be cataloged and accounted for upon return.
    Secondly, we will not be going to Mosport. I have a room at the Quality Suites in Whitby, Ontario, phone # 905-432-8800, for Thursday May 19 through Sun May 22. If you need the room, call me at 704-502-3654. Peter Schneider

Thank you both for the additional advice. I hope this helps someone crossing over for the race.

JL

Thread Information