Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Liked: 679

Nice work. Thanks for posting it.---Jim

Liked: 296

Quote Originally Posted by racer27 View Post
    It was a fun weekend -- A few pictures and short Video of Pit Out - Higher Res Version now posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dmG..._order&list=UL
    1minute 14 seconds.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

Liked: 553

Default VIR pictures on the web

F and S Enterprises has some pictures from VIR on their web site:

http://store.fandsenterprises.com/in...3&do=photocart

I sent them an email informing them that their link for Friday's F1600 pictures isn't working. It takes you to a BMW gallery. Hopefully they'll get that corrected soon.

My pal "LeMike" Allison drove up on Friday and took a few pictures. Below is a picture of Jim Goughary (not a great driver, this picture shows he's having a hard time just keeping the car on the track).

More pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1067909...XFqc6Ylr34jAE#
    Last edited by RussMcB; 03.26.12 at 9:36 AM.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 25

Default Air Intake!

I love the air intake shown in one of the pictures! It got it done!
    - Frank C

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Valet View Post
    Sorry guys, the video is having some issues

Here's video from Saturdays race. I tried to set up a PiP using my rear footage but the file format was different between the new HD front and the old standard definition rear we have, so it's only the front view. Unfortunately on Sunday only our rear camera worked, which was fun to watch but not worth posting online.

Sorry the quality isn't better, vimeo has a 500mb limit, and youtube kicked my video off because it was 49 seconds too long.

-Bill Valet

Any luck getting the video back up?

Liked: 16

Default Sunday Qualifying

Unfortunately, no video from the new camera on Saturday...

Here are a few laps from Sunday qualifying. Lap two I spun in front of Jim (sorry guys) and got stuck in the wet grass. Exited the car and thought my session was done. Two laps later a tow truck pulls up...I jump in the car and get towed off track, I drive up the entrance road, through the paddock and surprise my crew from behind...They frantically belt me back in and off I go with 8 minutes left in the session.

http://www.kautzracing.com/kautzraci...News_Blog.html

I can't get this link to work without copying and pasting in the browser?
    Last edited by flycoop; 04.19.11 at 6:17 PM. Reason: Change video link

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Flycoop, Thanks for the training video. Very impressive and clean

Liked: 53

Tim thanks for posting this great video from that brand new VIO POV HD camera you got from www.GroupAWheels.com don't forget there is special discount for F1600 competitors! ..... shameless plug?

Liked: 3

Default POV Cam?

OK, I'll bite. I went to your website, but I'll be darned if I can find a way to shop for a camera on it. No listing on the home page. Not in products, or by brand...

Can't search for POV or HD and see one?

Is there some secret I am missing?

Sean

Funny you asked. The secret is that we got the products about 3 weeks ago and are having a complete transformation of the website from top to bottom, left to right and the new cameras will be put on there when completed which will be very soon. Instead of adding a new product line on the "old" website which is a bit of a project and then re-do the site instead doing it all in one hit. Thank for looking!!

Liked: 553

Default F&S Enterprise pictures on the web

The gallary for pictures from Friday's sessions are available now:

http://store.fandsenterprises.com/in...wGallery=10141

Liked: 99

All the guys with the POV cameras who are experiencing wind noise on their vids, two tips:

Tuck the inline mic away and put a small piece of racers tape over the mic hole. It worked great for me and sounds awesome!

Great vids though, that HD version is awesome, I need to upgrade!
    -Nick

Liked: 3787

Since i've given up for now producing all the video I took at VIR.

Has Bill Valet been able to repost the one he previously had posted. I've heard great reviews...

Liked: 157

Mike, we took the video down because Bill raced again at VIR this past weekend at the Oak Tree National and Bill was warned that he couldnt afford to give away any edge to those he would be racing against given how fast they were at the Pro Race.

Now that the National is over hopefully we will be able to put the video back up soon.

We have never shied away from posting Bill's videos, but Jim and Harry at Driver's Services work their tails off to find every last tenth of speed in that car and video has the potential to give those tenths right back to our fellow racers.

This video, however, is so good it could be used as a promotional video for the Series, so we will hopefully find a way to let everyone see it.
    Last edited by Tom Valet; 04.22.11 at 2:51 PM.

Liked: 679

Default videos

Tom, Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you guys being willing to post these videos. When I went back to Road America for the Sprints [after the 40th] it was a much better experience because of the help from your work. I certainly wouldn't blame you for not putting them out there, but I just wanted to thank you for posting the ones you did. They are always fun and educational.---Jim

PS; If I ever get the GoPro to work, I'll post mine, but they will be in the category of 'comic relief!'

Liked: 3787

Having seen Bill's video of Saturday's race once... OMG... all i can say is that it would be the best proof of what the F1600 Series can be. The top 6 cars were in a dogfight the whole time. Wow!

In some ways it was more exciting not to have the rear camera footage blended in. One never knew just who was going to come blasting up on one side or the other.

How in the heck did Kautz catch up?

Impressive footage.

Liked: 4

Default On Board Video

I got to say the new generation of HD camera's are quite good. We alternated mounting my Camera on Ric Baribault's Piper and Len Amato's VD-04, and the video was clear enough to see the cars behind in the mirrors. I was also very impressed how stable the video was considering camera was mounted on the bodywork giving a nice over the shoulder view.

I've defiantly not gotten the hang of post production editing. These huge MPEG4 files are a challenge to work with, especially using "Free editing tools". I think we are going to have to enlist the aid of a 12 year old to make a true "Film".
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Glad to hear everybody is enjoying these brand new HD cameras that VIO makes! They are some really nice pieces and were happy to be involved with them they have been very helpfull as well with any questions.

And Nick you hit the nail on the head with the microphone. Also if you go down the racers tape route you may want to put a cotton ball over it as well when you tape it. To make it similar the like the fuzz balls you see on microphones used by people in TV. None of this may be needed at all but just in case that should solve it.
    Last edited by GAR; 04.21.11 at 5:18 PM.

Tim has made it to the big time! Here is Tim Kautz qualifying video yet again but this time on the official VIO POV website! Whenever our customers post videos from there VIO POV HD cameras bought from us we send them to VIO and they place them on their website for VIO promo needs and to help you get more hits on your videos, which is an additional selling point to trying to find that extra bit of funding! These videos are all HD as you know and great quality for people to play on a TV in a showroom, waiting room etc to entertain customers while they wait and it helps bring more excitement to that company and really connection everything together.
    We will be placing these videos on our camera section of our website once it is complete for similar purpose.

http://theviovoice.vio-pov.com/user-...onship-series/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information