Thread: Lost my job....

Liked: 0

Default Lost my job....

Hi guys....I lost my job a couple of weeks ago, so my racing is on hold, and I'm hitting all networks.

I've been an Institutional Equity Sales Trader for a long time, and have institutional relationships throughout the country. If anyone knows of a broker-dealer that is looking for an equity trader, or a "buy-side" firm (investment manager, hedge fund, mutual fund, etc) that has an opening on their trading desk, please let me know. The next level on the job search is something in sales (I'm thinking IT resellers, software, hardware, but any product sales would be considered). Or if you know of a race team that could use a very experienced hand, I've love to hear about it .

My contact information is Marc E. Walker, 727-204-8483, marc@marcwalkervo.com

Thanks again for any leads.

Marc
    #9 Sports 2000

Liked: 11

I went through this recently and it's a difficult thing. Best of luck, and I expect you'll find something soon!
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 99

Marc,

I just sent you an email. Feel free to shoot me back or give me a call if you prefer.
    -Nick

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

During my 11 months of "funemployment" (whoever coined that phrase should be shot), the seminars that I attended all had high praise for Linkedin.

I see you already have a profile there. Compare your profile to those of your peers, and modify accordingly.

Good luck to you Marc.

Default Thanks....

thanks, guys.....I appreciate the support. I'm looking forward to the next stage of my career, wherever that may be.

marc

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

Whatever you do do not allow the situation to get you down.

Get out and do something on your job hunt every day.

Linked In typically has local groups that meet face to face for networking and support. Join and go to them.

A couple of churches in the Dayton area have programs for jobseekers specifically. One has about 200 twice a month to network, there is always a pertinent speaker and mutual support.

The other has 2 people that run a class on how to get the next job. One of them is a retired VP of GM in HR and retired again from one of the biggest outplacement firms in the country.

These kinds of things were very helpful to me in landing the contract spot I am in right now. But if your experience is manufacturing, the pickings are slim in this area, so I am very fortunate to have what I have.

Keep chin up.

Default Job Hunt

Thanks, Steve...fortunately, I have a number of friends and contacts in the business, and this board just adds to the network. I always try to hit a number of contacts each day, and make a bunch of calls (plus getting a lot done around the house and yard helps).

Thanks again

Marc

Thread Information