ASRF1000

Default American Spirit Racing Names Drivers

AMERICAN SPIRIT RACING NAMES DRIVERS

Cape Coral, FL (March 14, 2011) – American Spirit Racing boss Jon Lewis announced today that drivers Robbie Pecorari and RC Enerson have been named as drivers for the Wave Energy Drink, Joe Gibbs Driven sponsored F1000 team. Robbie Pecorari from Aston, PA will be the team’s primary driver in the 2011 Mystt Premium Vodka F1000 National Championship. Pecorari was American Spirit’s driver in the 2007 Indy Light Series and won the Nashville Superspeedway event in his rookie season. RC Enerson, at just 14 years of age, will be the team’s test driver in 2011.

“Both Robbie and RC are very talented young men,” stated Lewis. “I’m very proud to have them both on our team and to represent our sponsors Wave Energy Drink and Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil. This pairing provides us with a strong line up for 2011.”

“First off I would like to thank Jon for putting me in the car for the F1000 season. It’s been a few years so it will be nice to get back behind the wheel and continue what we both started back in 2007,” said Pecorari. “I have always wanted to give the runoffs a shot and now I finally get that chance. I think helping RC will be beneficial to both of us and the team. I have heard great things about RC and can't wait to work with him.”

“I am very happy to be a part of American Spirit Racing as the 2011 test driver and very excited to work with Jon Lewis and veteran driver Robbie Pecorari,” said RC Enerson. “It is a great opportunity for me to improve as I transition to cars. I know this will be an important and big step for me to prepare for the future.”

About F1000 National Championship:

Formed in 2007, the Mystt Premium Vodka F1000 National Championship Presented by George Dean Racing Engines and Taylor Race Engineering is a year-long SCCA Racing National competition. The series features high-performance Formula 1000 open-wheel race cars that are powered by 1000cc motorcycle engines with top speeds in excess of 150 mph.

###

Liked: 4

Default What car

What car will American Spirit Racing be running ?

Liked: 0

Stohr F1000 with their own bits. Jon is a good guy. I think they will do well.
    Ken

Thread Information