Thread: VIR FEpro

Liked: 111

Default VIR FEpro

Poking around on the GrandAm website I came across the schedule for the VIR weekend.

Looks like SCCA pro series will run testing on Thursday and drive on Sunday? Looks like there is little other time on Friday and Saturday.

Anyone with inside schedule info?

http://204.12.108.2/assets/2011VIROfficialsched.pdf

jim

Liked: 20

Sneaky one you are! Looks pretty prelim for now, but def not much time there.

Liked: 8

Thursday 'Promoter Test Day" 1PM; a half day?, then nothing until Sunday? I need to cancel my overpriced hotel reservations!

Liked: 42

That makes me feel better about missing this weekend at least...... Yuck.

So it seems that schedule is indeed a bit preliminary and that my late night grim postings were a bit overly worried. Looking forward to a great year of close racing.

Liked: 16

Paul;

I think that was an early schedule before they had other joining them for the weekend. Give it some time to be finalized before you cancel your reservation.

Looks like I'm going to end up bringing 2 FE's to this one. Both new guys, if you consider me new......
    Mick Robinson

Mick, anyone with your experience can tell me to call you what ever you want. Especially when you provide incentives...

Jim

Liked: 16

Jim;

I am working on getting in the race. If I do, I will have another one of those "who ever finishes just ahead of me" gets......something!
    Mick Robinson

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 33

I am hopeful that FE is at least on track once a day. If you look closely at the schedule there are at least 3 open time slots each day on Friday and Saturday. Star Mazda moved from IMSA to Indycar sanctioning and now they run twice on Thursday and then twice on Sunday at Barber.

Thread Information