Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 447

If you can spare the disk space, I've got multiple rFactor installs on my system. Once the base game is installed to say the League subfolder the first time, I copy the rFactor folder for as many installs as I want so I can do things like install new mods that could possibly FUBAR my league install or whatever. Then you can just create a shortcut to the rFactor in each location for whatever flavor you want to run.

D:\Games\rFactor\League\
    D:\Games\rFactor\OffRoad\
    D:\Games\rFactor\Karting\
    D:\Games\rFactor\Test\
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 210

Well,

That sounds like a good idea.. but sigh, I've got more problems.

As no one seemed to have a 'flip this switch' solution to my problem, I did a NEW INSTALL of rFactor.

Now, it's "stuck" on what ever the 1st car and 1st track is I select.

As it was in the game I picked Panoz after doing the reinstall to see if it worked. Then went to track in Spain.. and the game WORKED FINE.

Then DL'd SRF's and Elkhart Lake.. Selected cars and went to load track.... SPAIN track loaded and when I fliped back to lobby the game had the Panoz cars again.

I'm screwed
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 447

At this point I would do a complete uninstall... Download the install files directly from ISI and reinstall.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    At this point I would do a complete uninstall... Download the install files directly from ISI and reinstall.
    I did that and it was still messed up. Here's what it was doing.

When I did the reinstall, I followed your request and in the profile put Rick Broadhead.

Selected sedans, selected Montreal and all worked GREAT!

Went back to lobby and selected open wheel car and Nurburgring... game started but, loaded Montreal and 'flipped' back to sedans at the track.

No matter what I did, game would ONLY load sedans and Montreal.

After spending 2.5 hours meditating on tossing the game out the window along with the Logitech G27 that's on the way here I had a thought.

Went back in the game and made a profile using RickB99. WHA-LA entire game works correctly! For some reason that's the name rFactor knows me by and what it wants to see.

(gotta see if there's a way to change that name formally)

Any way now back to DLing SRF's and Elkhart and giving it another try.

Well that WORKED!

DL'd and instlalled SRF and Elkhart and went on Keith's server and ran a lap

Now to figure out why I cannot drive any cars when I install the league skins file.
    Last edited by rickb99; 02.16.11 at 3:03 AM.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default what version of windows?

as i think dave was thinking.......
    do you have windows 7? if yes, are you running rfactor as administrator? if no, right click your rfactor icon and select run as administrator....
    shot in the dark, hope it helps.......
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information