Liked: 0

I just want to let everyone know, that I really enjoyed the race time we had tonight. It was the most fun I've had raicng Online in a long time!

As we tried various ways of starting the races, my preference would be on "Qualifying". The reason for this is the fast guys will be up front. then the middle pack guys, then the slower guys. It just seemed to work out better that way. Fast guys will be up front in a matter of time anyway! A benefit of this is the small groups we get into, racing with our own group according to skill. What do you guys think?

Everyone was pretty well behaved for a mixed bag of talent. There were a few bumps and bangs, but everybody seemed to get the best of it.

I apologise for having a "Red" car, but I was working on a paintscheme just prior to the race, and forgot to put the drivers.txt file back, before starting the race! OOooppss...

If anyone want a replay of any of the races, I saved them ALL. Just let me know. I hope to race some more with this group as it was certainly a blast! Thank you to ALL who participated. I definately had my share of FUN this weekend!
    Bob Oster aka Bobo88

Liked: 447

Hi Bob
    I'm glad you enjoyed the race! What we're planning on (tentatively) is for a league event, we're going to have 3 races. The first will be based on the pre-qualifying submissions. The second will be an inverted start based on the finishing order of the 1st heat and then all who did not pre-qualify or DNF for the first heat will start at the back. The final race will most likely be an online qualify. The online qualify does screw up from time to time though. As in this past race at RA. Doug had TQ'd with a 2:01 and was placed back at 8th. We could either deal with hiccups like that or set up something else for the 3rd race...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Oh, OK. I wasn't aware of that.

On a different note, I think Doug or you were asking about the "Schedule Editor". I found it here:

http://www.texasspeedracing.com/files.shtml

Just scroll to the bottom, it's the second one up!

Hope that helps!
    Bob Oster aka Bobo88

Liked: 210

Bob O.

At the moment, your point about the inverted start is certainly valid. But I see two reasons to run one heat that way. Particularly as the driving by everyone improves with experience.

If you are quick and get booted or have a bad heat, you get a chance to recover points by starting at the front in one heat.

Amazing, there were no lost connections or kick outs tonight.

The 'fast drivers' ought to have the challenge of getting through traffic cleanly. That's certainly a part of racing which is hard to simulate in the short F2000 sprints.

The F1 SIM guys race for 35 or 40 laps which brings them into traffic. Hard for us to do that here because of the tire change problems in long races.

As the league progress's, you'll find the time differentials getting smaller in the short races.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

I can only echo the others good comments about Sunday's Racing. I had put away online racing some time ago as I felt my age and reflexes precluded me being competitive. My TSW is all dusted off and Bob has been helping me get back into condition. We often talk on the phone while practicing. We both have headset phones and were talking to each other during last nights races. He is very talented and I feel sure it will not be too long before he will be right up there with the front runners.
    Thank you for letting me participate. I look forward to the League. I can Host some practice sessions if anyone wishes. Feel free to e-mail me if interested. Being retired I have more free time now.
    Gary

Liked: 210

It was a super evening of fun running with all you guys at Road America. What a great final tune up run for the league and a FIRST race in the new Van Diemen models. The 'factory' (Team Players) should be proud of their new creation!

The racing was clean and fast. The inverted start worked and the 'green flag' start went super. Great respect shown for holding lines and getting through turn 1 with minimal chaos.

Semi-Quote:
    I'd be proud to lead you great bunch of guys in a race anytime!

Now, all Emerald City Racing has to do is get "The Dumfooly" to drive the car within its limits for more then three laps in a row.

Those of you who were in attendance during Milka Duno's (we wish) driving stint seemed to enjoy meeting her. It's a shame it was a one-race-stand with her. She is one FINE driver as you saw in the other thread. The Emerald City Racing staff is always on the lookout to 'pick up' great 'talent' such as that.

RE: Below
    Thanks Bob. Meant to get that to Doug but you've done it.
    BTW: If you are booted during a race with the no spectators mode on, all you have to do is sit at the entrance screen. You'll notice that the connection will show the group is 'racing'. Once that swiches to "OPEN", you can rejoin.

The reason for doing this is, when conducting actual races, there will be a 'blip' in data transmission when spectators enter or leave (get booted) from the race. Not such a problem in practice but can be an issue during a race.

[size="1"][ March 31, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: rickb99 ][/size]
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

There were some questions Sunday, about locking out "Spectators" during a race, here is the command in the "options.cfg" file:

[MULTI]
    srv_no_spectators no <-- change to "yes"

This will LOCK OUT other from joining once the race has started. The "Server" needs to have this.
    Hope this helps!
    Bob Oster aka Bobo88

Liked: 1417

Awesome racing, guys. That was an enormous amount of fun, finishing positions aside. RA is one of my favorite tracks in the world, and is a ton of fun online, especially with the 11 cars we had tonight. I can think of another 5 or 6 guys that were missing, tonight, as well.

I'm really looking forward to the race series coming up. Almost as much as the real race season.

d

Well, it looks like you guys ahd fun this week...unfortuantely..I had to work and just got done...it's pretty bad when work gets in the way of Online racing as well...

Doug, I'm definitely in for the League...

Dave
    Dave Harris
    dave.harris@daveharrismotorsports.com
    http://www.daveharrismotorsports.com

Thread Information