Thread: Mid Ohio

Liked: 0

Lucky has released the Beta version of Mid Ohio
    http://mail2.teambattlezone.com/~lucky/
    Its a little hard for the incar driver to see some of the corners. The chicane being really tricky.
    It would be nice to have a few count down markers apart from that it is very good as ever.

Thanks Lucky.

Liked: 1417

It is absolutely wonderful. I am still panting. A nice pick-me-up after the the last week or so around here.

Fantastic work. My favorite part is the F2000.com billboard. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Yes once again Lucky has released a top-notch track, thanks for the work you have done here

Liked: 210

THANK YOU LUCKY ! Another great job on a track.

I ran it tonight with Sel in F2000's and with Rob and Chris in Ferrari 333's. It is superb for both. Don't know what kind of track surface you laid down but in the F2000's with the right setup, you can drive the car ANYWHERE with good grip and feel. LOTS of different lines through the corners. Gotta say "THE BUMP" if you cut too far inside cresting the hill is a great touch..

I've never had an opportunity to drive Mid-O. But, I gotta say, after doing this SIM run, it is indeed a worthy track to use for crowning the SCCA national champions on. Very technical for drivers and a setup challenge for the crew.

I looked at the video of a lap at Mid-O and yours is a great copy. I only have a couple of comments about possible improvements.

Don't know if they do it during the nationals, but it's quite common to have apex cones on the track during racing. A couple of the corners lack a little definition in the SIM. It might help to have a few apex cones around. Plus just one set of distance markers at the end of the straight would be nice. Probably hanging on the outside (left side) fence.

Ricardo Dumfooly really liked the course. However, on the first two trips around, he drove directly into the pit lane under flat out acceleration! The stupid Dumfooly!

[size="1"][ April 04, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: rickb99 ][/size]
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

One thing that may cause a problem is the Start line being close to the last corner.
    At the start of the race the cars had a large gap between them when the race started.
    With more cars it may be even worse.

One thing that may cause a problem is the Start line being close to the last corner.
    At the start of the race the cars had a large gap between them when the race started.
    With more cars it may be even worse.
    I don't know if moving the SF line further down the straight may help.

YES!!! ITS A GREAT TRACK!!
    Thanx Lucky!
    I think I will have Mid-O on my server most of the weekend for anyone who wants to try it out .
    I have noticed thaton Saturdays, most of you guys that run the F2000 dont show up in numbers till around 5 or 6 pm CST, so this Saturday, i will run MID-O during the day, and switch to your weekly leeg track around that time.

Which brings me to the new realese... EXCELLENT WORK! The horsepower REALLY makes a difference! The whole package was WELL DONE!

The rest of the weekend, I will be serving FERRARI 333, so get your overpowered red cars out!! The guys in the Ferrari Challenge leeg want to get some track time in too i bet!!

See ya there!

WFO
    Chris

what is the IP address?
    there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

it's up in IRF.

ROBBIE:

IP for Chris's server is 65.26.90.25

Final version released today with apex and brake markers.. SUPER COOL !!!

Comments above still apply. Thanks so much Lucky. You've been great about getting this done. If it's your first from scratch track, you've got it figured out.

Originally posted by rickb99:
    If it's your first from scratch track, you've got it figured out.
    Rockingham UK was his first scratch built track, Mid Ohio is the second. Great job on both!

Love the mid-o track. Still racing with the old version of F2000 and was able to do get within a second or so of what they do in real life (did a high 27). One question.... in the final release, is the gearing on the AI cars better? I noticed that once I got into 4th gear, I would fly by them. When I went back and looked at the replay of the AI's, they were maxed out in 4th gear at 96mph. Is there any way to fix that??

Matt,

I think the answer to that is....

The Beta version did not have any AI car 'guide' built in. Whereas, the FINAL release has AI cars that are far more competitive.

Where can the New Mid Ohio version be downloaded at?

Again Thanks to all,

Rob

Thanks for the response Rick. So my final question then is..... Are the AI cars based on the final version of the F2000 cars?

First about AI:
    Last edited by rickb99; 04.14.09 at 12:54 PM.

Liked: 1417

Did you mean "Road Atlanta" above, Rick? Lucky has a T version of Road America.

Oops.. Fixed to Road ATLANTA.. Thanks Doug.

Thanks Rick, real new at this but am having a blast with it. I have only ran Road America and would like to get ahold of some more CenDiv Tracks. Low 2:08's are the best I can get so far but there is still some on the table.

Again Thanks,

Rob

Thread Information