Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Engine rules

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by Paul LeCain View Post
    In the Ralt RT-40/1, Swift 008/014, there's not much. The Toyota 7AFE (1800 cc) can fit with modest changes. The others will require a lot of work.
    We had to make two simple changes to fit the 7afe block (w/4age internals) into our RT-41: slight massaging of one header tube and a new tub-to-cam cover plate, which we designed in CAD; CNC cut the pattern, then layup in carbon. I have one on the shelf.

I doubt that many people who are currently on the sidelines will go for spending the money to change the cars.
    Not when they're now 20 or more hp down to the best 4age's.

I said earlier in this thread that I suspect the current (new) rules will cause many (like I) to try to get some more grunt out of the 4AG. That's the path of least resistance/cost to me. Paul
    Understandable with the best 4age's now up over 270 hp. Or 280 if you do Mirl's math... and he should know.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 0

Default frcca

there is no reason that restricted 016's can't run in an atlantic class with frcca, or another sanctioning body. the idea of running with multiple atlantics and other cars similar in performance(pro mazdas etc.) with a sanctioning body that welcomes and respects us would just seem awesome.

Liked: 1

Stan,

It is my understanding that the 7afe does not have significantly lower operating costs than the 4age. Is this correct? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ross View Post
    Stan,

It is my understanding that the 7afe does not have significantly lower operating costs than the 4age. Is this correct? Thanks.
    We're hoping to double its TBO, which is significant. It also made several more hp than the same head on a 4age block. Stan
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 1

Yes, doubling the TBO would indeed be significant. Perhaps I should place an order for one of those tub-to-valve cover plates.......

Liked: 14

Stan when we finished working with Arnie we were at 1000-1200 miles between builds. Do those numbers match those you hope to double ? I know the client who I worked with developing the motor would have loved those numbers ! We did a lot of racing and were doing 3 builds a season.

Motor was great though and won CSR at the Runoffs this year , untouched, with its new owner.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Kevin, that's about where we were with our previous motor, and yes, we're hoping to double that. That said, developments have us revving higher and making more hp, so we'll prolly have to give that back.

Rick, I have one on the shelf, ready to go.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Contributing Member blackbmwk1200r's Avatar
    Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ross View Post
    I have heard good things about the FRCCA, and I have no doubt that they run some great events. But as far as I know they utilize the SCCA class rules, which means that the latest FA engine table revisions (effective 4/1/11) would apply there also.

I personally do not find most of the FRCCA tracks to be very appealing, although if I lived in the MD/PA/NJ area I might feel differently. One of the advantages of SCCA is that you can race at some great tracks such as VIR, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glenn, etc.
    This years FRCCA schedule:

May Beaver Run 21/22
    June Summit Point 25/26
    July NJMP 30/31
    August Shenandoah 20/21
    September NJMP 3/4
    October Pocono 1/2 and / or Shenandoah 22/23

Liked: 0

Default frcca

with exception to shenandoah, thats a very fun schedule for atlantic sized cars.

Liked: 3787

This thread is interesting. If one sits at the bar with Mr. Patron and Mr. Mirl at Chateau Elan this evening, you do not get the idea that the sky is falling. Instead, one gets the idea that the plan is OK.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Good luck to them, everyone's plan is different.

Liked: 24

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. LeCain View Post
    I expect we will all see that the restricted motors are not the "underdogs" that some would lead us to believe.
    Paul - are you suggesting that someone might sandbag in an effort to deceive the CRB? I have faith that the CRB will hold to their word and continue to make adjustments based on solid facts not falsified data.

Liked: 24

....however no one on the same page...IMO....
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    This thread is interesting. If one sits at the bar with Mr. Patron and Mr. Mirl at Chateau Elan this evening, you do not get the idea that the sky is falling. Instead, one gets the idea that the plan is OK.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information