Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Reminder to F2000 competitors

Hey, Happy New Year !
    With sincere hopes that everyone had a safe new Years and have started their mechanical, mental and physical prep for what is shaping up to be an intense season.

Registration is open, has been for a while, but with our traditional discount for those registering before Feb 1 there has not been much action. Yet.
    The F1600 guys are registering almost on a daily basis, and if history holds, the last week of January I will be inundated with registrations for F2000.
    After all, why not save $150 now if your season includes all, most or even some of our 2011 schedule.

Also, in the past we offered a pre-pay option for the entire season.
    A seasonal total of registration, race entry fees and series test days [scheduled for VIR, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen and Mosport. New for 2011 the Thursday evening twilight testing at Mid Ohio will be included in the event entry for, for both F2000 and F1600] can save you virtually the cost of a set of tires in the discounted amount. And you won't have me tormenting you each and every weekend to take care of business either.
    So for 2011, the season total in registration, entry fees and test time on the Thursday before events is $9,715.00 but the pre-pay discounted price is $8,900, like a set of Hoosiers "free", to some ways of thinking. To get in on this deal, the pre season pre pay must taken care of by March 1. And even though that is after the registration deadline for the discounted rate said discounted rate applies and is included in the $8,900 total.

The registration form is on the series website, www.f2000series.com.

Starting the VIR countdown on Jan 2 seems a bit early but I, for one, can't wait, so here we are under 100 days out from Thursday April 7 testing at VIR.

Liked: 142

oh come on guys!!!! we can't let the 1600 guys beat us (at anything)!!! send in your early reg and save a few bucks!!!!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Interesting arrival in todays mail.
    With the numerous new teams and drivers, to say nothing of new cars, the very first registration for the 2011 season is our very own Iron Man Craig Clawson, one of only 2 drivers to have started every single race since the series inaugural event in 2006 at VIR.
    Way to go Craig, does this mean you are going for 6 seasons straight ?
    By my math that will mean 80 race starts over 40 weekends in 6 seasons by the end of October 2011 !
    Obviously a record never to be approached, much less broken.
    Not to take away from Robert Wrights perfect start record in any way, but as one of the partners in the series he has a vested interest.
    Craig is all of ours hero, the very nicest guy, great crew, a chainsaw powered blender for refreshments on those hot post race afternoons, a super understanding and supportive wife in Patti and the coolest dogs in the paddock, Leonbergers. If that is a new breed to you, check them out.
    Welcome back Craig, pleased to have you return as always.
    Mike Rand and the entire staff and management of the F2000 Championship Series thank you for being such a major part of our family, paddock, series and racing world.
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 01.06.11 at 12:41 PM.

Liked: 12

Has Craig started every race with the same chassis? If so, he has Bob Wright beat in at least one statistic .

Nathan

Good question....
    I seem to remember at NJMP in 2008 he had a major problem with his car in race 1 and actually started race 2 in either Finellis or Puderbachs, just to keep the string alive..........

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Craig, I guess I should of picked cars instead of houses.

Liked: 5

he wrecked the first race, got upside down

Scott,
    I forget, how many starts have you had ?

Liked: 142

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Good question....
    I seem to remember at NJMP in 2008 he had a major problem with his car in race 1 and actually started race 2 in either Finellis or Puderbachs, just to keep the string alive..........
    finelli didnt; even drive finelli's car, he was in thom's car, but then left after the test day cus he hated NJMP and his plane was sitting a 1/2 mile away at millville airport.

craig started in my car (well not MY car). I was sick as a dog all weekend with a nasty sinus infection and feeling like hell and by the time sunday rolled around I was in no shape to race (103* fever, chills, and more snot than you could shake a stick at). I determined it was advisable to sit out that race when I passed out in the car while bleeding the brakes after drinking 1/2 a bottle of dayquil. I wasn't happy to sit out a race, BUT all things considered I was glad my subpar sinuses could help keep craig's streak alive.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Scott,
    I forget, how many starts have you had ?

I don't know. You seemed pretty happy to take my 3 - 4 races a year the first few years.
    Last edited by Scott Gesford; 01.06.11 at 12:46 AM.

Scott, you know we love you, and even the pure joy of just sharing the paddock with you assisting R-Sport, even without you car, brings happiness to our lives.
    But in all seriousness, when are you gonna race that car again ?
    I have another registrant who has requested #47, so unless you both show up at the same race, no problem, otherwise I guess there'll be fisticuffs, especially as our T&S program can't/won't do 47X or some other short track version of duplicate numbers, remembering your sprint car heritage.
    How are the twins anyway ?

Scott, you know we love you, and even the pure joy of just sharing the paddock with you assisting R-Sport, even without you car, brings happiness to our lives.
    But in all seriousness, when are you gonna race that car again ?
    I have another registrant who has requested #47, so unless you both show up at the same race, no problem, otherwise I guess there'll be fisticuffs, especially as our T&S program can't/won't do 47X or some other short track version of duplicate numbers, remembering your sprint car heritage.
    How are the twins anyway ?
    I plan to do the races at the glen and mid-ohio. Dont give my number away.

The twins are .... I can't think of a word.
    They are beautiful and healthy and drive me nuts.

"Please Uncle Mike, don't give Daddy's number away. He has so little going for him." Peyton, Haley and big sis Brooke.
    Last edited by Scott Gesford; 01.08.11 at 6:03 AM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Hey Craig,
    Welcome back. Please bring the blender. BTW, would you like to have me send you a picture of a checkered flag so you can recognize it

Liked: 0

Default class act

Craig Clawson old school Gentleman Racer....Class Act. Good luck this year!!!
    P.S. Don't forget your restrictor plate!!!

Liked: 3787

Craig 'ironman' Clawson
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 05.06.11 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information