Liked: 0

Seeing that race season is over, it's time to fire up the old computer and install Nascar Heat and the F2000 mod. All excited, I try to start just Nascar Heat and get an error stating that my video card is not capable of 3D graphics. Hmmm ... about 3 years ago I added a Monster 3D2 accelerator card (PCI card, no AGP slots). Perhaps I should have read the folder with the game that says it requires a Direct3D AGP card. Is my setup too outdated to upgrade?
    Brian
    Ex '96 Van Diemen Owner

Liked: 1417

Brian, I'm running a GeForce card in a PCI slot, so I know it doesn't need an AGP slot to run. Maybe just a simple upgrade to a newer v-card and you'll be set.

I'm sure someone with more Pee Cee background can help you out more...

Liked: 447

Brian, Are you talking about a Voodoo2 card? If so, you would be better off getting a newer video card. A decent card for this game can be had for $30-80 (TNT2, GeForce2,3, etc..). It all depends on how purty you want it to look and how much you want to spend. What is your processor?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

I upgraded my video card and that has allowed me to run Nascar Heat. What a difference from upgrading my 6 year old computer! I haven't had the time to do the f2000 install yet, but can't wait!

What a site ... great race car advice and now great computer advice!
    Brian
    Ex '96 Van Diemen Owner

Brian,

What video card did you end up getting and how much did it cost? I need to buy one also.

Matt,

I picked up a PNY GeForce4 card with 64MB video ram. I believe it was 89.95 with a $10 rebate. Bought mine at Best Buy and also saw it at Staples for the same price. I probably could have bought an equivalent card for less on the internet but I wanted the card now!
    Brian
    Ex '96 Van Diemen Owner

Thread Information