Liked: 1880

Default John "Ando" Anderson

John "Ando" Anderson, one of the nicest ever guys in Indy car racing, passed away from a heart attack shortly after playing racketball Thursday morning.

I'll post where to send cards, etc, as soon as I get the details.

Damn - I had dinner with him, his wife, and other friends just 2 weeks ago.

He'll be missed by a LOT of people.

Liked: 23

Wow. Sad news to hear for sure. Racing is a business full of egos but I would say Ando was one of those guys who was truly respected by everyone and was always referred to in a positive sense. There weren't a lot of people you'd hear that about in racing back when I was on pitlane but Ando was really a gem.

Tim
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Liked: 0

Ando was a great, great guy. Truly one of a kind. I learned so much from him over the years and miss him already. I should have service information soon and will post it.

Dan

Liked: 80

I met Ando in '81 when he was working for VDS in the Can Am series. We became friends immediately, for which I will always be grateful.

He was a truly fine person, a treat to be with.

The world of racing has lost a gem.

Liked: 282

Truly one of the best people in the paddock. He will be missed.

Default John "Ando" Anderson, a very classy guy

I am saddened by the news of the passing of John. My memories date back to the PacWest days in CART. John was one of those "anchors" that seem to glue a team together. I'll miss his smile and good humor.

Darrick Dong

Default "Ando" Service Information

There will be a calling/visitation for John "Ando" Anderson from 6p-8p and a service from 8p on Thursday, December 23 at:

Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Center
    105 West Pine Street
    Zionsville, IN
    (317) 873-3366
    www.flannerbuchanan.com

Due to the date being so close to Christmas, the family is also planning a Celebration of Life event to be held on January 10th (the Monday evening prior to the IndyCar Series new year meeting). This will be held either at the Speedway or Andretti Autosport's shop [TBD]. Details will be announced soon.

It is Lesley's wish that people do not alter their holiday plans and that's why the Celebration of Life event will be held in January.

Ando will be cremated and Lesley will carry his ashes to Sydney where there will be a small service for his family and friends there.

This info is in this morning's IndyStar Obituaries:
    http://www2.indystar.com/cgi-bin/obi...show&id=123582
    Last edited by DLayton; 12.20.10 at 11:03 AM. Reason: type

Thread Information