View Poll Results: What level of shifter control are you in favor of?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • completely mechanical-cable or linkage only

4 8.70%
  • mechanical plus upshift ignition interupt and downshift blip

2 4.35%
  • electromechanical or pneumatic actuated with interupt and blip, no computers

13 28.26%
  • Anything goes (current rule interpretation)

27 58.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member
    Liked: 95

Guys, I've got no dog in this fight, I didn't vote in the poll, and whichever way the rules are written and interpreted means zip to me. Where FB should fit into the formula structure is not for me to comment on. All I'm saying is that once the genie is out of the bottle, its near impossible to put it back in. Think long and hard about how rules interpretation impacts the costs of the class. If everyone thinks the rule is just fine for FB, then so be it.

All I can tell you is that when DSR has rules that attempt to limit under body down force production, and someone shows up with tunnels and shows how the current rules allow them, well, that horse has left the barn, never to return. If you guys think there is no barn, and no genie, well then lets all go back to our garages.

I'm out.

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Nathan,

While avoiding writing a book about it, what I was saying was depending on how it's configured and who does the work on it (puts it together) a new FB car can be anywhere from low-mid 50's to around 67K. 67K being in the absolute upper range. All bells and whistles attached.

Now take the lower of that cost (low-mid 50's) and then add 15-20K if you decide to buy a new FC instead. FC rollers run somewhere in the upper 40's to low 50's. A new Zetec engine with all it's components will set you back around 12K-15K. Then add a data system, that's another 2K or so depending on which system you get. Then labor to build the car if you want it assemblied race ready. That's puts it over $70K right there. Then add mounted tires. Then maybe you want upgraded shocks....etc...by the time you are finished you are in the 75-78K range...

Anyway, the point I was making was that for whatever you do/buy for an F1000 a similiar effort with an F2000 will be roughly 10K more. The FC engine alone will likely cost you 5-8K more than a 1000cc MC engine.

And that's 10K more without the paddle shifter in the F2000 that will be in the F1000.

Liked: 43

Where is all this ruling chat coming from? Does someone think that I spent $300 for a rule clarification? That's about 1/10 of my annual race budget! For me, I would much rather buy a set of good used tires from Brandon that does something to make me go faster. I actually like the tinker-ability rules in FB. Just take an example of the bodywork rule protest at the run offs. My car had floor extensions as did the Citations. Mine came off for realiability issues for the race. The only problem I had with Schweitz's car is the color white used on the blocks that were used to comply with the ruling (I'm not a big fan of the color white). Sorry Josh.

Liked: 0

Ummmm correction.... Whites not a color it's a shade... Geez
    Lol

Liked: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Where is all this ruling chat coming from? Does someone think that I spent $300 for a rule clarification? That's about 1/10 of my annual race budget! For me, I would much rather buy a set of good used tires from Brandon that does something to make me go faster. I actually like the tinker-ability rules in FB. Just take an example of the bodywork rule protest at the run offs. My car had floor extensions as did the Citations. Mine came off for realiability issues for the race. The only problem I had with Schweitz's car is the color white used on the blocks that were used to comply with the ruling (I'm not a big fan of the color white). Sorry Josh.

I said the same thing to them. The white totally clashed with the orange

Liked: 43

I think the wood was a bit of overkill also. I would have super-glued a spitball on each side and called it good and said there is you profile!

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Unfortunately the NAPA guys at the track didn't have orange spray paint. But yeah, the white looks awful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information