Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by bill gillespie View Post
    JR was absolutely flying, but since he entered FS, he did not necessarily have to comply with FB rules.........he was on pace with Mallinen and Mucha...very impressive.

What did he do to the car that wouldn't be compliant to FB rules?

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Quote Originally Posted by bill gillespie View Post
    JR was absolutely flying, but since he entered FS, he did not necessarily have to comply with FB rules.........he was on pace with Mallinen and Mucha...very impressive.
    Anyone know if JR's car had any performance mods for this race and if so, what they were?

On edit: Ha, I see I'm not the only one with this question!
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 84

the real question is did he have the BMW in the car???

Liked: 0

Default Mods

Jr's car was just as he raced it at the Runoffs. To comply with FS rules I photo shopped in a lip on the rear wing endplate to make it wider. Same Suzuki engine.

This is the first year JR raced his own FB car and he keeps getting faster every time we race.

We are all looking forward to another very competetive FB season!

Wayne

Liked: 101

Hi Wayne,

If that was JR's runoffs Suzuki, you better keep it. It's a Monster !

Regards,
    Bill

Liked: 0

Default Motors

hI bill,

They had a hotter motor with, but it only made a few laps in practice.

I forgot to mention, a loose bleeder screw on the bottom of the caliper took them out of the race after two laps.

Wayne

Liked: 16

Hey Guys,

I've had a lot of DNF's in my life, but this one truly hurts. The conditions could not have been better to race, 50 degrees, calm, clear and no humidity. Perfect for power and traction. I really wished I could have raced. As a driver, you do not get many days like that.

The Suzuki has been prepped by KWS and with Stohrs new Tri-Y header, was awesome for sure. The biggest thing though had to do with the Hoosier tire setup that is just working super with the Stohr areo package. The car just has gained so much grip with the tires. When I first ran an FB at Road Atlanta a few years ago, T1 was a 4th gear turn. It is now a 6th gear turn and with some more laps it will be flat in 6th. Really incredible. As Brandon knows, corner speed sure makes the motor look stout.

Also played with some differential ramps that have helped settle the rear end a bit. Small changes add up and give you confidence to push the car and at a place like RAtlanta it is really enjoyable to dance on the edge with a confident car.

If someone has not raced at Atlanta, you have got to go. It is one of my favorite tracks for sure.

Thanks to Doug/Wayne at Stohr with sticking with developing the car in this tough economy. It has come a long way this year. Thanks to Hoosier for helping me with tires that have helped transform the car.

Take Care,

J.R.O
    Last edited by JRO183; 11.08.10 at 9:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information