Liked: 14

Default What a Motor JM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/marchand.../3/a_2-eWAWshE anyone could win with this motor. You can get off and back on the gas and still pass one of the fastest guys in the country. Watch it! Its all motor!!! BS BS BS
    I would like some feedback guys, is it my imagination, or do I just dislike this guy. Watch the video. You will see!

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Taking the video and removing it from everything else I've read here on the forum....

In my opinion JR got balked at the apex and clearly had zero corner exit speed advantage. He then slowly begins to draw near the dayglo orange FM that just left him for parked in the corner prior.

Do the FM's punch a big enough hole at those speeds to have the draft help that much out of that corner to the bridge?

The balking and getting back on the throttle was all draft and timing.

What would cause concern from my perspective is the speed at which he caught up after getting parked in the corner prior. Maybe those big ol' things punch a pretty big hole.

Do the FM rules require spec gear ratios in the box and the R&P? What about running smaller diameter rear tires? What was going on in the dayglo car? Missed shift?

Just one opinion.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1490

So JR won that race, right? 2009 runoffs. Went through the same big teardown/checkout that everybody went thru this year, right?

So are you insinuating that he somehow got some massive HP gain through that inspection too?

By the way, there's software out there that can analyze the sound to give you the RPM.....

Don't know JR at all, but it's a pretty low blow to call into question a win from a year ago based on behavior from this year.

Liked: 1432

Just my experience, and in no way a vote for either way. I am just throwing this out there, you don't need to catch it

On the Sunday test day I got a tow from an FM. I think the aero on those with the big rear wings must punch a gigantic hole. At least, it did for me in my aero-poor FF. I got a good run out of T14 and was tucked under an FM. The tow I got from him was like someone hit the JATO units. I was geared out before the end of the pit wall and he did not pull away from me one bit.

So, they do punch a big hole, for an FF. Who know what it does for an FM v FM.

Liked: 0

They punch a huge hole but that sort of a run was uncharacteristic.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 1432

I guess I should have watched the video before I posted.

WOW!

Default Qualify Video too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DpAwcemi7c
    Here is another one you decide.

Default Video!

Oh by the way, thats a 008 he is keeping up with. Just so you know.

Liked: 91

That Atlantic pulls away from him at a normal pace.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 481

I have no dog in this fight and make no comment on his character, but he did only have 5th fastest time in the race (2010). Maybe someone with access to the full lap times can give an analysis.

If he had cheated in some way, would he have slipped and run a faster lap than that?

Just asking...

ChrisZ

Liked: 610

Default What a motor

I thought I remember him as 6th fastest ? I'll have to go take a look again. No matter, it is an interesting question.
    From what I saw, if Doug had not broken, he would have won, he had a good distance built up to the others in a very short time. Also, JM drove the track in a very agressively manner, which is what I saw the C/SR, D/SR and F/C winners do. Doug attacked, but in a smoother, less obvious form.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

In the FE, if I could pull 5th gear by the time an FA was beside me or about to pass and tucked in behind them, I could run right on their bumper. Agree with Cole. Nothing big there. Great effort to get off the track if I must say. I think this topic is over- watch college football.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Default Another one!

http://www.vimeo.com/5456155 Then how about this one watch, from the 4:00 to 4:20 mark. It's more like unreal.

Liked: 1417

Woah.

Noel

It is ok to dislike me and try to band against what you might fear my friend. It seems like you are making a comeback into FM, if that is the case good luck catching up. These cars do punch a big hole, there are many other factors that play up. The software analysis is clever, i'm flattered. Motors can be dialed in to make peak horsepower and torque below 6600, the jetting on these cars are critical. On my Eddy Current Dynojet, I was able to simulate road america a few years ago and perfecting fuel curve overtime. My engine runs cooler. I do have a motor that puts over 173 to the wheels, legally on 93 octane. Throw your barb wire and bottles at me. what were the traps speeds? My car was not the fastest. I was on the new Good Year 430 lightweight, amazing, amazing tires. Peterson had a very very smooth car and fast, I was aggressive and the cars in front of me lifted, bobbled and broke down. Peace
    Last edited by JRMarchand; 10.05.10 at 11:52 AM.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by preston27 View Post
    http://www.vimeo.com/5456155 Then how about this one watch, from the 4:00 to 4:20 mark. It's more like unreal.
    If I'm following the action correctly, by the end of the start / finish straight in that same sequence at 4:35, the blue car is being re-passed into T1. What does this conclusively prove?

Cheers,
    Rennie

Liked: 27

Just food for thought......The fuel we tested and brought to the June Sprints proved a gain of over 14 hp from pump gas. The top four cars (including Juan's and mine) were keeping pace with the back three Atlantics in the straights....Wow! These things can really run if jetted and timed properly for whatever fuel you are using. Advice to all is to spend 150 bucks or so on a dyno with the fuel you are racing with to get the jetting right.

Darryl

It conclusively proves that Futrelle's orange entry had a cracked, and i mean inop exhaust manifold. His car had a broken manifold and i passed him going up the hill, he is a very very fast guy even with faulty equipment. That was a great vid to watch, we had some good races that year.

The video of the gearbox blowing up shows 008 on a lap that was wasted by the towing vehicle on T1 in the kitty litter, the driver prolly didn't push into 5 like i did and that is why he was still there, under normal pace it is much different.

i was lucky to not backup the FM after the gearbox let go.

The video that starts Noell's thread has footage of the surface, damp conditions, the track look wet going into T5, what would you do? go for a win? I was running 100% going into 5, the driver that pass me on the start was not.

Sorry that I didnt make it back in time to explain further. I was at Road America from the time this thread started.

Liked: 24

So what is the HP on these things, and what does the car weigh in at?

Default 180 hp and car alone at about 1,135-1,150 lbs

180 hp and car alone at about 1,135-1,150 lbs

Thread Information