Thread: WOR games

Liked: 2

Default WOR games

Is anyone going to the WOR games at Mid-O on 10/17 ? They have a double regional on Sunday,with qual. & race before noon and repeat after lunch.FST is in group 1. I need one more race to obtain my license renewal and am thinking of going. Dave

Liked: 3

I am trying to decide between this one and the OVR race the week before. Having 2 races at the same track on back to back weekends is not my idea of racer friendly scheduling.
    I guess it will come down to when I can get off work.
    Having somebody to race with would also be a motivating factor.

Any others out there?
    Dave

Liked: 0

Default Help us make it work for you!

Hey guys, while I'm a lame tin-top guy, I do have the distinction of helping to plan WOR Games for this year. I'd really like for you and the other open wheel guys and gals come out to support us.

As for the late date, and back to back weekends with OVR, it was an unfortunate by product of the scheduling process for the 2010 season. The Great Lakes Division is working to not have a repeat for the 2011 season, but for now it is the hand that the regions were dealt.

That being said, WOR Games is working hard to put on a great weekend, and specifically for the open wheel community, we'd like to grow our event into an open wheel fest, similar to what Cinci Region does for IT-Fest. However, in order to grow it into that, we need to be able to justify it based on entries and enthusiasm of the open wheel racers. I don't want to put undo pressure or coerce racers into coming out, but the truth of the matter is that without you, your friends, and competitors it can't grow into something more.

So that being said, please help us spread the word, and make this a weekend that will be successful for you as open wheel racers! It would help to have entries of other open wheel drivers to match what we have seen in our limited IT/SRF/SM groups and serve to show other prospective drivers that this will be a fun event to attend with plenty of other racers to battle.

Questions, comments? Let me know how I can help!

Yours in the sport,

Frank Levinson
    WOR Regional Exec

Liked: 58

Default Sounds great!

I love the concept! Unfortunately, between "unusual expenses" at Grattan and now a blown trans in the tow vehicle I'm staying home until the ARRC. Do it again next year and I'll be there!

Doug FST 5

@Doug - Glad you like the concept! Though its a bummer you can't be out there... if you can help spread the word so that the open wheel classes are well subscribed, there will be no problem doing it next year! If there numbers are there the enthusiasm to do it again will be too!

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

Come out and play all you FST guys.

Get 2 races in one day for only $200. Cheapest track time at MO you will get all year long.

Liked: 174

For $200.00 hundred I'll be there and hopefully more formula cars
    will show up. Maybe next year, Steve can convince the WOR games
    management to make it a Quad regional for tin tops and formula
    cars with two races each day!

Mark

@Amon - if the open wheel community really shows WOR Games that fenderless cars can make or break a race weekend, I can tell you as the Regional Executive, that we will listen and respond in kind. Get your buddies and fellow drivers out to WOR Games, and next year could be exactly that!

Thanks for supporting the event! I'll be looking forward to meeting you. Cheers!

Thread Information