Liked: 33

I just got a 93 updated to a 95 VD. Any help on what is different with a 93 to a 95.

What kind of tires?
    What king of fuel?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Tom Hope
    Pacific F2000
    NASA NP01

Liked: 709

Tom,
    I'm not going to touch the tire question with a 4 foot wing pole. There are plenty of experts with more knowledge than me (actually, all of them.) On fuel, you can use the track gas at $4.00+ per gallon, or Avgas with similar results for $2.50 to $3.00 per gallon. Or, if you're a fan of carcinogens, use ERC at $15.00 per gallon. I'm sure I won't be the only person to pass on advice in this thread.
    Good luck!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 3787

Take three aspirin and call us in the morning...

Seriously, welcome aboard Tom!

Noting your membership number I'm assuming you have not spent a lot of time on this site.

There is much very valuable hard earned info contained within. Get comfortable and spend many hours going through the archives. You will be amazed how many questions you will find are already answered, most of them you have not even thought of yet. [img]smile.gif[/img] When you pull up a section, be sure to pull posts from one year back, etc. It will take you a bit of time, but there is a huge payoff.

Many of the questions you are about to post will be hard for members to answer with out more specific details. e.g.; what tires? We will come back with a host of questions, such as: what track?, what date? how much money do you have? how much experience? How long would you like them to last? Do you want a free hat with that purchase?

Stay tuned. You are going to have a blast.

Liked: 0

the main difference is the bodywork. the 95 models had different radiator sidepods
    there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

First of all thanks for the feed back. I had a Shelby Can-Am that I ran in CSR. I always loved the FC cars and once some one wanted to buy my car who would say NO! I dont no very much about the cars but am very inenthusiastic about it. The car has the full side pods. It is a Tom Rust motor. When you are starting off can a set of tires last 2 race weekends. I am in So. CA. Tracks like Willow Spings and Buttonwillow. I coudnt get a new car, but how much faster is a 98car vs a95 car with the same driver?

thanks tom
    Tom Hope
    Pacific F2000
    NASA NP01

One more Q? The new Zetec deal is that for club or just the pro? I hate to think I spent all my money for a car thet will go away in a year or two

tom
    Tom Hope
    Pacific F2000
    NASA NP01

Contributing Member
    Liked: 100

tom, in response to one of your last questions. 2 years ago i sold my '95 and bought a '99. the upgrade gained me a full second plus at all tracks. that doesn't sound like much, but it was the difference between qualifing 5th or worse with the '95 to being on the front row at most races that year in the '99. the newer cars are much easier to drive, imho. md

Tom are coming out to Willow Christmas week for the free test days. Several of us will be out on Friday the 28th and Saturday the 29th. Yes I said free. I'll be on the Streets on Friday look me up #32 Reynard with the 89 Bentton paint scheme.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Liked: 68

Tom, welcome to the ranks. I look forward to racing with you. I suggest you call Les Phillips at Buttonwillow about tires. He will help you out, and probably hook you up with a deal. If the car is ready, I also suggest you call Rick at Willow Springs today. They are doing a four or five day deal next week for open wheel cars. Free testing (there is no catch it really is free) and a free race. They will be using the big track as well as the Streets of Willow Springs. This would be a great opportunity for you to get some seat time to get acclimated to your new car, as well as giving you a chance to sort it out. For gas recommendations call Tom Rust or Dave Freitas. We use the track gas, which is 76 at both Buttonwillow and Willow Springs. I won't see you at Willow, since we're doing a frame-up on our car. See you on the track next season. Good luck.

EG

dont worry about the zetec. that series has nothing to do with club racing.
    there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Tom,
    I purchased my first car in Sept. after spending several years driving in a school series. What Purple frog said about going through the old threads is the best advice I have received in terms of the ins and outs of managing my own car. Good Luck!

Thread Information