Liked: 1

For Sale Swift DB4 - For Sale

1989 Swift DB4 -- SOLD!

Fast, clean, well-sorted Swift DB4 for sale (#036-89) with Loyning motor. Originally raced in New Zealand by Graeme Lawrence Racing in the Peter Jackson Series by various drivers, included Jos Verstappen. Since then has been raced in SCCA Club events. The car currently holds the FA lap record at Barber Motorsports Park, and held the Roebling Road lap record from 2008 thru 2010. This car is still competitve in SCCA National events. Recent lap times are as follows: Road Atlanta - 1:20.6; Roebling Road - 1:02.4; Barber - 1:24.6.

Details as follows:

- Brand new zero-mile DB4 tub installed in 2005.
    - Pi Omega D2 Dash and data system with GPS and shift lights (new 2010).
    - Toyota carbed 4AGE engine (Loyning rebuild 2009).
    - Staffs 5-speed transaxle, 690 miles since new R&P.
    - WRD Salisbury LSD, 690 miles since overhaul.
    - Bearing carrier, 320 miles since Comprent rebuild.
    - Ohlins 4-way adjustable shocks (overhauled 2007).
    - Weber 48 DCO carbs (overhauled 2010).
    - New Electromotive XDI ignition system (2009).
    - All uprights rebuilt by Doug Learned@Fast Forward w/new bearings (2009).
    - New clutch release cylinder and bearing (2009).
    - New brake master cylinders (2009).
    - New brake caliper pistons and seals (2009).
    - New front brake rotors (2009).
    - New safety belts (2009).
    - New fuel pump (2009).
    - New throttle cable (2009).
    - All suspension pieces coated (black) by Protech Engineering (2009).
    - Most black aluminum pieces re-anodized (2009).
    - Tall roll hoop installed (2009).
    - Tunnel splitters.
    - Tub stiffeners (2005).
    - New shift rail apex joints (2008).
    - New fire bottle (2007).
    - New Momo steering wheel (2008).

$------ with Pi Omega system.
    $------ without Pi Omega.

Will also sell as roller chassis if desired.

Extensive spares list and additional pics available upon request. Also available for additional cost:

- Spare zero-mile Loynings Toyota 4AG with carbs, intake, flywheel, oil pump, etc.
    - 24' enclosed Vintage tag trailer.

Info about the car's history can be found here:
    http://www.apexspeed.com/swift/cars.php?car_id=12

You will not find a nicer FA for the money. Car located in Charlotte, NC. Delivery available within 200 mile radius. Contact me via email or PM for more information.

CAR SOLD -- No Longer Available.

Rick Ross
    Last edited by Rick Ross; 07.25.10 at 7:19 PM. Reason: Car sold!

Liked: 9

Default Great DB4

Everyone who could possibly be interested. This is a great car and a great deal. I've sadly watched the rear wing of this thing a few times. Very quick, very well prepared, and cared for. Faster than most 008's, some 014's, and RT41's.

Rick, I hope it sell's soon and that the new owner is not as good as you.

Thanks, Chris. I will hate to see this car go, but it is time to move on. Dave Bruns really got it right with this design. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to own and drive one of these cars.

Hope to see you back racing soon, my friend.

Liked: 0

Default DB-4 Rick Ross

Rick , your DB-4 is just beautiful, i would be proud to own it , sorry to see you part with it , i have a shop full of stuff, maybe ther is something i can swap you for , this is one graet car , if you are looking for the right F/A car this is it , good luck Rick , john z

Thanks, John. I will miss this car for sure. You should add this car to your stable.....you can never have too many Atlantics!

Liked: 101

Rick's car is in superb condition, and I believe it to be equivalent to Dave Wiilcox's car in performance. Track record at Roebling against all comers, and 120.6 at Road Atlanta with a carb Toyota speaks volumes.

These are very fast tracks similar to Road America. Buy Rick's car, spend a little with Arnie for latest EFI stuff , put a decent driver in it, and a lot of 014's and RT41's are going to be very surprised......all for considerably less than a newer design.

I think some of the DB4's had a "sweet spot". Embarassingly, I always went faster in my DB4 than my 40, or 41.

Regards,
    Bill

Thanks, Bill. Unfortunately, my DB4 no longer holds the lap record at Roebling. Jacek Mucha set a new record at the March National (1:01.9?), and Jason Byers was also under the previous record time. Both were really flying and the best I could do that day was third place. Congrats to Jacek and Jason.

Still available.......

Default SOLD

Car is sold......thanks Apexspeed!

Liked: 9

Big congrats Rick. I don't know who it is, but I hope they realize what a great deal and lucky soul they are (and that I get to meet them on track someday ).

Liked: 11

It is kind of sad that no one in the USA wanted this car, but given the history of the car, its somewhat poetic that it is going "home" to New Zealand! I would have bought it back if I was two inches shorter and weighed 20 pounds less!! My favorite racecar ever.

I really hate to part with this car, but I think that it is going to a good home in New Zealand. I hope that the new owner enjoys it as much as I have. If I was a few inches shorter, I am not sure that I would have ever sold this car. I agree with Paddy.....my favorite race car ever.

Liked: 24

I hope the new owner becomes active on ApexSpeed.

Liked: 2

Hi to all, from the lucky guy that has aquired Ricks car . Looking forward to bringing it back 'home', there are a number of people keen to reaquaint themselves with #36.

I'm looking forward to getting on the track with the other cars from previous meetings
    in NZ. I wish we had the turnout of FA's you guys enjoy.

The car is a credit to Rick and it will be well apreciated by its new owner, rest assured.

Will keep you posted. Regards Dave A.

Welcome to ApexSpeed...you did get one hell of a car...do keep us up to-date

Quote Originally Posted by lotiman View Post
    Hi to all, from the lucky guy that has acquired Ricks car . Looking forward to bringing it back 'home', there are a number of people keen to reacquaint themselves with #36.

I'm looking forward to getting on the track with the other cars from previous meetings
    in NZ. I wish we had the turnout of FA's you guys enjoy.

The car is a credit to Rick and it will be well appreciated by its new owner, rest assured.

Will keep you posted. Regards Dave A.

Default Hello everyone

Hi everyone,

I am new to Apexspeed and the forums. Enjoyed reading the compliments everyone wrote about the car, its refreshing to hear that there is such good cars available out there!!

Sounds like a shame I missed out as I am looking for a DB4 to bring home to Australia. If anyone knows of any please feel free to drop me a note.

Look forward to being a regular on here

Troy Chaplin

Welcome to the house
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappo1934 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new to Apexspeed and the forums. Enjoyed reading the compliments everyone wrote about the car, its refreshing to hear that there is such good cars available out there!!

Sounds like a shame I missed out as I am looking for a DB4 to bring home to Australia. If anyone knows of any please feel free to drop me a note.

Look forward to being a regular on here

Troy Chaplin

Liked: 151

Rick,

What's the new plan? New Atlantic? I saw that you are driving Keith's FC at Barber.

I think he has a Ralt...... that he fits in a bit better

Hi Wren,

Tim's correct, I have a very nice Ralt RT-40 sitting in the shop that I need to familiarize myself with. However, I'm still working on my "plan" for next year, and I'm not 100% sure that I will be racing the Ralt. I may decide to take a break from racing for a while, or even try a less labor-intensive car. (Hmm....Honda FF perhaps?)

I will be driving Keith Roberts FC at Barber. I've never driven an FC before, so it should be fun to compare it to the DB4. I'm sure that Keith won't mind if I rev that Pinto up to around 10K rpm just like the Toyota.
    Last edited by Rick Ross; 08.14.10 at 10:40 PM.

Default Swift DB4/Ralt RT4

Hello, I am new to Apexspeed, I am from New Zealand and am looking to buy a Swift DB4 or a Ralt RT4, If you have anything of interest please e-mail me. Regards Garry g.jcliff@extra.co.nz

For Sale DB4 Available

Congratulations to Rick for selling his DB4!

I also have a very strong package available, if anyone else wants one for the New Zealand series.

Chassis #2490. Never crashed, excellent condition tub, ex French/Sunier, 2 Loyning/Farley motors (one "timed out" but not abused), extenssive spares (eg 5 sets of wheels, gears, suuspension bits, body parts), full Motec data system and dash.

Zero miles since mid '06.

$42k for all, will split.

If interested, please call me @ 9174458377, or Bruce Lindstrand (technical Qs) @ 2627243346.
    Charles C. Duncan
    Swift 016a #98/99

Default Garry Cliff

Garry is a very upfront guy who I know here in Christchurch and a very good peddeler of of single seaters many years ago, but has been pushing rally cars to their limits in later years, he had many years ago a couple of RT1's and RT4's, has a very nice collection of cars, nice to see that you are going to get back to it Garry
    Roger

Thread Information