View Poll Results: Do you plan on attending the 2010 SCCA FE Runoffs?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 27.27%
  • No

19 57.58%
  • Undetermined right now

5 15.15%
    Liked: 447

Default 2010 FE Runoffs Attendance Poll

With the relatively low turnout at the Sprints, I'm wondering if the Pro series will have a similar effect for the Runoffs. Please respond to the poll your intentions!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 20

I'm planning on being there.

Liked: 111

I again cannot justify the costs of being out of work for that whole week to get so little track time versus time away. When SCCA fixes the runoffs schedule, I'll be back.

Liked: 53

I won't be attending either . As I've stated before, I'm fully committed to the pro series () and I don't have enough vacation days left () to cover a whole week at the track (). In fact, last year I flew back and forth due to a lack of vacation days...and that sucked! I'll gain an additional week in three years . So, hopefully the SCCA doesn't completely destroy National racing and the RunOffs before then. Unless we're back on TV within three years, you won't see me there. If that happens, I may have to get the flu for a week (assuming the format doesn't change)...cough...cough...

Good luck to all that's going!
    Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Liked: 68

I won't be there, but it has nothing to do with the Pro series or the Runoffs schedule. The primary reason is this year's CenDiv National schedule, which crammed 4 of 6 total races into a three-week period. A blown engine in practice for the first weekend ended my season before it ever got started.
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Liked: 11

I'll be there. Its too close for me to miss. I feel Paul's pain. How come work always has to interfer with racing????

Liked: 1

I'll be there
    Matt Schneider
    Jay Motorsports
    FE #31

Just registered. Around 10 or so cars right now. Pretty sad... Looks like we'll need to get creative with parking too..
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 1

We will be there starting Wednesday of the test week to provide support and data analysis. I am told that all the vendors are going to be bunched up on a paved area "near the gas pumps".

Only 10 registered? seems bizzare that there are so few going. I realize the pro series has races bracketing the runoffs dates though.

Liked: 25

How about a rule that says if you run a pro race you're no longer eligible for the runoffs? Or how about something really off the wall....you have to qualify by being in the top (pick your number) of your division?

FE has gone from "you guys (club racers) are the people we need to grow this class" to "you guys (yeah us again) are the kind of people we need to fill out the field in pro races".

While I'm at it double nationals suck and so does being in cendiv with 2 freaking tracks.

end of rant
    Dave

Liked: 896

I still want to know why they broke up the best division in the country (Cen-Div) into 2 separate divisions. I also do not like that it only take 4 races & points do not count to go to the Runoffs. I guess I am a complaining old fart.

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Contributing Member
    Liked: 25

Default Here we go again

So I tow from Northern California to Utah, get a really full day of testing at a reasonable cost. Then two days of running with just FE's on the track. As much time as I care to spend in Red 14 and I Love this car!
    As opposed to towing close to 2200 miles ONE way for 20 minutes of on track time each day for 3(?) days, then waiting a day or two for one race, plus all the fun I read about everyone just trying to get a decent paddock space.....Pulleazzzzzzzz!

Liked: 0

We will not be attending .... 8 days of travel time ... A couple days of practice the week before 20 min of qualifying sit around for a few days before a race pay for parking pay for this pay for that.. no thank you... give me the arrc race back.. I wont shut my business down for 3 weeks to do that again... Dan

Liked: 14

The ARRC is back. Still a long haul for you to Rd Atl.
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Liked: 0

Im going to have to agree with Chuck. While I haven't yet been to an FE Pro Race, I'll take a stab and say it is the same as F2000 series. I went to the Runoffs once. While it was fun to see the best racers in the country in their respective classes, I got bored after two days of watching cars and only wanted to figure out how I could get my FE registered as an FA or FM also.

I hope the Pro Series continues to grow and can eventually evolve into what the F2000 series has done. Why not race at the national level and then when the Pro Series comes to your neck of the woods, give it a try. If the series had 15-20 racers that went to every Pro Series race and then 5-15 local guys showed up, think how much fun that would be; not to mention the field size. One last thing before I go have a beer and relax after this spiel. I will be willing to bet that well over a majority of drivers go to the Runoffs for two things: They get to run in their own groups (well most of the time) and they can compete against the best. Make that check and mate for the Pro Series. VIR is starting to look pretty tempting
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

We're up to 15 cars now. Unless anyone is going to pay the extra $200 to register late, that's where we'll end up.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information